Campus Technology Information
- To log on to a campus computer (IVCC network):
Initial Password: Eaglesxxxxxxx! (Xs represent your 7-digit student ID number)
New Password: 14 characters or more in length, containing at least 3 of 4 items (uppercase, lowercase, number, special character); do not use your first/last name nor the word 'password.'
- For a campus computer (IVCC network) password reset, contact the Student Help Desk. You will need your name, K-number, and 7-digit student ID number.
- Computer passwords need to be reset every 90 days. This also pertains to your Wi-Fi login--the password needs to be reset on a campus computer for your Wi-Fi login to continue.
Wi-Fi is available at IVCC's Main Campus in Oglesby and at the Ottawa Center in Ottawa.
After successfully logging onto an IVCC campus computer and setting up a new password (see above on how to log in), follow the steps below for Wi-Fi access.
- Select IVCCguest for Wi-Fi network
- Open browser--your webpage should load to the IVCC Guest Portal authentication webpage. If the browser does not automatically open to this webpage, then redirect the browser by navigating 126.96.36.199--this should redirect you to the IVCC Guest Portal.
- Use your campus computer login (network login).
Need a Computer?
IVCC provides students access to computers in the Academic Support Center (A-201) on the Main Campus in Oglesby. The Ottawa Center located in Ottawa also has computers available for students in a computer lab. We recommend personal earbuds/headsets to be used with audio, but the Academic Support Center has a limited supply of earbuds/headsets to provide.
Looking for a specific computer program:
- Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor are available in the Academic Support Center (Respondus Monitor requires a webcam--see Need a Webcam? below) and the Ottawa Center.
- For MS Office 365 students, Office 365 Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint are available on Bank 2 in the Academic Support Center.
- Autodesk programs are available on Bank 3 in the Academic Support Center.
Need a Webcam?
Webcams are available from the Student Help Desk in the Academic Support Center (A-201) and at the Ottawa Center. The webcams must be used while the Academic Support Center and the Ottawa Center are open; and, the webcams must be used in the Academic Support Center and the Ottawa Center.
Need to Print?
Printing is available in the Academic Support Center (A-201) and the Ottawa Center at .05¢ per page in black & white. Color printing is also available in the Academic Support Center at .25¢ per page.
Printing from Own Device
Printing via wireless is available through PaperCut in the Academic Support Center (A-201). Follow the Instructions for Printing from Personally Owned Devices PDF.
Need to Scan?
A flatbed scanner and a document scanner are available in the Academic Support Center (A-201) and Ottawa Center. You can choose to scan the document to the printer, USB drive, email, or smartphone/tablet.