Campus Technology Information
- To log on to a campus computer (IVCC network):
Initial Password: Eaglesxxxxxxx! (Xs represent your 7-digit student ID number)
New Password: 14 characters or more in length, containing at least 3 of 4 items (uppercase, lowercase, number, special character); do not use your first/last name nor the word 'password.'
- For a campus computer (IVCC network) password reset, contact the Student Help Desk. You will need your name, K-number, and 7-digit student ID number.
- Computer passwords need to be reset every 90 days. This also pertains to your Wi-Fi login--the password needs to be reset on a campus computer for your Wi-Fi login to continue.
Wi-Fi is available at IVCC's Main Campus in Oglesby and at the Ottawa Center in Ottawa.
After successfully logging onto an IVCC campus computer and setting up a new password (see above on how to log in), follow the steps below for Wi-Fi access.
- Select IVCCguest for Wi-Fi network
- Open browser--your webpage should load to the IVCC Guest Portal authentication webpage. If the browser does not automatically open to this webpage, then redirect the browser by navigating to 18.104.22.168 (this should redirect you to the IVCC Guest Portal).
- Use your campus computer login (network login).
Need a Computer?
IVCC provides students access to computers in the Academic Support Center (A-201) on the Main Campus in Oglesby. The Ottawa Center located in Ottawa also has computers available for students in a computer lab. We recommend personal earbuds/headsets to be used with audio, but the Academic Support Center has a limited supply of earbuds/headsets.
Looking for a specific computer program:
- Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor are available in the Academic Support Center (Respondus Monitor requires a webcam--see Need a Webcam? below) and the Ottawa Center.
- For MS Office 365 students, Office 365 Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint are available on Bank 2 in the Academic Support Center.
- Autodesk programs are available on Bank 3 in the Academic Support Center.
Need a Webcam?
Webcams are available on all computers in the Academic Support Center (A-201) and at the Ottawa Center. A few webcams are also available at the Student Help Desk and must be used while in the Academic Support Center.
Need to Print?
Printing is available in the Academic Support Center (A-201), CyberCafe, and the Ottawa Center at .05¢ per page in black & white. Color printing is also available in the Academic Support Center at .25¢ per page.
Printing from Own Device
Printing via wireless is available through PaperCut. Follow the instructions on Printing from Your Own Device PDF.
Need to Scan?
A flatbed scanner and a document scanner are available in the Academic Support Center (A-201) and Ottawa Center. You can choose to scan the document to the printer, USB drive, email or smartphone/tablet.