Microsoft 365 Apps
As a registered IVCC student, you have access to Microsoft 365 apps online and can install Microsoft 365 apps on up to 5 of your own devices. You have access to the software for up to three semesters (1 year) after your last semester in a credit course at IVCC.
To learn how to use the many apps available to you, go Microsoft 365 Training.
Microsoft also has Office Cheat Sheets PDFs available for Outlook using Windows, Mac, web, iOS, and Android; and Office downloadable guides PDFs for OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams, and SharePoint using Windows and Mac.
To Use Microsoft 365 Online Apps
- Log in to your Eagle Mail at Kemail@example.com. Select the app launcher in the upper left corner (9 squares), then select your desired app. You can also enter your OneDrive through here.
- For more information, go to Meet the Microsoft 365 App Launcher.
- Microsoft 365 is designed to work with the latest browsers.
- Note: If using a Chromebook, you have access to the online apps through your Eagle Mail.
To Install Microsoft 365 Apps on Your Own Device
- To download and install: Log in to your IVCC Eagle Mail account, select the app launcher
in the upper-left corner, select Microsoft 365
, and select Install Apps.
- Note: System requirements for MS 365 requires having the Windows 10 or 11 operating system, 4 GB RAM, and 4GB of available disk space. For a Mac, have one of the three most recent versions of macOS, 4 GB RAM, and 10 GB of available disk space. See System requirements for Microsoft 365 business/education.
- For step-by-step installation instructions or MS Office Support, go to Download and Install Microsoft 365 and follow the instruction under "You signed in with a work or school account".
- Note: If using a Chromebook, you cannot install the MS 365 apps.
To Sync Your OneDrive Between Your Device and the Cloud
- For step-by-step instructions on how to sync your OneDrive between your device and the cloud, see Sync OneDrive Files and Folders. Syncing allows you to access your files on your laptop and any computer where you can log in to your student email account. Your IVCC OneDrive account is named OneDrive-Illinois Valley Community College.
- Note: If using a Chromebook, you cannot sync your files. You will need to download your files from your Eagle Mail OneDrive.
- Upon leaving IVCC, remember to save any files you wish to keep from your IVCC OneDrive. You will have access to your OneDrive for up to three semesters (1 year) after your last semester in a credit course at IVCC, then your account will be deleted.
To Share Your OneDrive Files and Folders
- For step-by-step instructions on how to share your OneDrive files and folders, see Share Files and Folders. This can be beneficial while working on a group project or when you need to share your file with an instructor.
To Report Spam Mail
- There is now a tool in your IVCC email when you access through your web browser or phone's Outlook app that allows you to report malicious emails. If you do not see the icon in your email, follow the directions to add the option in this IVCC Reporting Spam Button Knowledgebase Article.
To Use Microsoft 365 Apps to Help You Learn
Below are some of the tools in Microsoft Office applications to help you learn and stay organized.
- Check Spelling and Grammar in Office
- Edit Equations in Word
- Reduce Eye Strain, Help Focus, and Read Aloud in Word
- Dictate Your Documents in Word
- Use Voice Typing (Dictation) on your Windows computer
- Text-to-Speech feature for Microsoft Apps
- Take Notes in OneNote
- Stay Organized with Microsoft To Do App