Shop for Textbooks Find E-books I.A. Price Info Textbook Terms
Why is IVCC making Inclusive Access available?
IVCC’s goals through Inclusive Access are:
- Reducing the cost of course materials (better pricing)
- Improving student outcomes (better grades)
How do students benefit from Inclusive Access?
- Reduced textbook costs.
- Access on day 1 to Inclusive Access materials, guaranteed to be correct.
- Inclusive access materials are the most current version available.
- Adaptive and interactive content is included.
- Faculty chooses the content for the course, retaining their academic freedom.
- Content is available to the student beyond the classroom
Rentals are available for approximately 25 titles. Pay $48 to rent and if brought back on time and in good condition, receive $20 cash during rental return at the end of the semester.
A digital version of a regular textbook-accessible on any device that can reach the internet. All e-book are able to be downloaded on to a phone, tablet, or laptop to be able to read where internet service is not available.
New and Used
Hardcover, paperback or loose-leaf versions of the adopted textbook, depending on
Course materials are chosen by your instructor and you pay for them during registration.
- When to shop- early in the morning. Peak period is 10am to 3 pm.
- Bring a copy of your schedule with you- on your phone is okay. We will not pull books without a schedule, it is the only way to know which books you actually need.
- Textbook classifications are assigned by your instructor- the only person who chooses your course materials:
Required- must have to book to pass course.
Recommended/optional- helpful, but not required. Your instructor may discuss these in class and you can decide if they will really help you.
- If you are concerned that the books may not be used. Go to class before purchasing
and see what your instructor has to say.
- KEEP YOUR RECEIPT: Your instructor may change your book. You may drop the class. Also, hold onto your receipt for tax purposes. During the fall and spring terms you have 10 days from the first day of class to return a book. We'll refund your original payment choice or if you used a debit/credit card-back to that card.
- Textbook prices are set by the publisher. We mark up enough to cover our costs.
- The IVCC Bookstore is owned by IVCC. All profits, if any, go back to the college.
- Your opportunity to return books you no longer need or want.
- At the end of the semester during finals. (No matter where you purchased them.)
- No receipt necessary for textbook buyback and rental return.
- Must be returned to Oglesby campus ONLY.
- If you own the book and it will be used for the next semester, we'll pay you 50%
of the new price from the beginning of the semester.
- Once we've purchased enough of the title for IVCC, the price will drop to wholesale, offered by the buyer's company to make used books available to students across the country. Price paid is based on age and demand.
- Dates and times for the next buyback and rental return can be found in the rental section.
- Orders are filled from the store stock based on availability.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Order will process in 1 to 3 business days depending on volume of orders.
- All information about your order will be communicated through email. We strongly recommend that the customers use their student email. An outside email could cause your email to bounce or be filtered.
- Shipping options: Ship to home/business for a fee or sent to IVCC's Ottawa Center
- Orders ship to OC for pick up up every Wednesday, usually available after 2pm.
- Absolutely NO orders can be picked up at the Oglesby campus.
- Orders placed after 2pm Tuesday will ship the following week.
Didn't see what you were looking for? Call the IVCC Bookstore at 815-224-0311 during regular business hours.
IVCC Bookstore Textbook Rental Program
Take advantage of our textbook "rental-option" when purchasing books. If a textbook is designated as a "rental-option" title, students have the option of purchasing the textbook or renting.
Designated textbooks are rented for $48 each, which includes a $28 rental fee plus a $20 deposit. When the student has finished with their rental book at the end of the semester, he/she returns it to the IVCC Bookstore by the published date on the rental agreement and receives his/her $20 deposit back. The student's final textbook rental cost is $28. The rental return period coincides with Buyback.You may rent textbooks online at ivccbookstore.myresero.com. When your textbooks appear on the screen, choose the line item including 'to rent'.
Will the condition of my book matter when I return it?
Yes. Rented textbooks which are returned will be inspected by the Bookstore staff to determine a reasonable condition for return. Torn covers, torn pages, water damage, etc., may mean returned textbooks will not be accepted and deposit fees will not be returned to the student. Limited reasonable highlighting will be allowed in rented textbooks, however, writing in rented textbooks should be kept to a minimum for the benefit of the next renter. Take care of your rental books or you may not be able to return them. Final determination of the condition of return textbooks will be made by the Vice President for Business Services & Finance.
When are my books due back?
- Fall 2021: December 8-14
- Spring 2022: May 4-10
- Summer 2022: July 27 & 28
- Fall 2022: December 6-12
Spring Rental Return Special Hours- Open until 6 PM May 4th, 5th, and 9th.
**ALL rental books must be returned to the IVCC Bookstore. The Library drop box and the Ottawa Center are no longer available for book returns. If you need an accomodation, please call 815-224-0311 and ask for Alyssa.**
Classes are subject to change and not all professors choose to use our rental books.
*ART-1000, 1002, 1005, 1010, 1012
CHM-1000, 1004, 1006
CHM-2002 (Organic Experiments only is rented)
ENG-1001 (Patterns for College Writing only is rented),
ENG-1002 (Literature & the Writing Process only is rented),
GEL-1005, 1007, 1008
HIS-1000, 1001, 2000, 2001
*PSY- 2001, 2005
*Not all sections use the rental text. Current textbook information can be found at ivccbookstore.myresero.com
The following Continuing Education books are those that are provided in the bookstore. Please contact email@example.com with any questions about course requirements.
By: National Restaurant Association
Shop for Textbooks Now
The IVCC Bookstore is a self-supporting operation owned and operated by Illinois Valley Community College. The IVCC Bookstore is committed to serving students, faculty, staff, and visitors to our campus with the products and services necessary for their success within the college environment. These products and services will be delivered with courtesy, professionalism and an understanding of our financial responsibility to the college as a whole.
Feel free to contact these members of the Bookstore staff if you have questions:
815 N Orlando Smith St
Oglesby, IL 61348
*Located in C Building next to the Library and Cyber Cafe.
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
**The IVCC Bookstore observes all college holiday closures, summer hours, and Thanksgiving and Winter Break. For questions about accommodations outside of store hours, please call 815-224-0311.**