Campus and Community Tutoring Program
The Campus and Community Tutoring Program is located at Illinois Valley Community
College in Oglesby, IL. The program trains and places volunteer tutors in adult education
classes in the IVCC district.
Campus and Community Tutoring Coordinator: Angela Dunlap - 815-224-0372
Volunteer Training Information:
Volunteers must complete 10 hours of training before being placed with learners in
the classroom; however, teaching experience is not necessary. Visiting an Adult Education
classroom is an additional training component. In-person training sessions are conducted
in the winter, summer and fall. Completion of training does not guarantee placement.
Campus and Community Tutor Training Flyer
Interested in completing Online Tutor Training?
- Desire to work with adult learners and be willing to tutor two-three hours
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Ability to teach, but no college degree or teaching experience needed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Patience, understanding and respect for adult learners
- Age 18 or older
- IVCC district resident
- Complete 10 hours of tutor training
- Provide instruction to adult learners
- Provide a comfortable setting for learning
- Respect adult learners' rights to confidentiality
- Submit a monthly tutor report
Additional questions or information, call Campus and Community Tutoring Coordinator Angela Dunlap at 815-224-0372.