IVCC has entered into the Comprehensive Agreement Regarding the Expansion of Education
Resources (CAREER) with all other community college districts in the state of Illinois.
This agreement allows students to attend programs in other districts if the home district
does not have the career or occupational program desired by the student. A complete
list of community colleges participating in this agreement is listed below.
Cooperative Agreements make it possible for:
- Residents of the IVCC district to attend other community colleges as an in-district
student to pursue a career or occupational program NOT OFFERED by IVCC and pay that
college’s in-district tuition rate.
- Students need to complete IVCC’s cooperative agreement form (the link to IVCC’s form is found at the top of this page). The form should be completed and submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs for approval at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester. The form is approved by the Office of Academic Affairs and sent to the college to be attended. An approved IVCC cooperative agreement form is good for one academic year. The cooperating college will issue the degree or certificate for successful completion of the program of study.
- IVCC has an agreement with three community colleges that the cooperative agreement can be used by the student if he or she only wants or needs to take one course not offered by IVCC in a particular semester. The other community college’s course number and title of the course should be used in place of the program on the form.
- Residents of other community college districts to attend IVCC to pursue a career or
occupational program NOT OFFERED by their home district community college and pay
IVCC’s in-district tuition rate.
- Students need to contact their home district community college to obtain a cooperative agreement form and adhere to that institution’s guidelines for completing the form.
- Three community colleges have an agreement with IVCC that the cooperative agreement
can be used by the student if he or she only wants or needs to take one course not
offered by their home district community college in a particular semester.
A complete listing of other Illinois public community college districts participating
in Cooperative Agreements
All forms should be sent to:
Office of Academic Affairs
Illinois Valley Community College
815 N. Orlando Smith Road
Oglesby, IL 61348
Phone: (815) 224-0409
Fax: (815) 224-3033