Assessment Center- Testing
Assessment Center Information
NOTICE: IVCC ASSESSMENT CENTER IS CLOSED BEGINNING THURSDAY, MARCH 19th.
For any inquires, contact the Assessment Center by calling (815)224-0542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A staff member will be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays during this time period to respond to any messages.
**Placement testing is not currently available at this time. IVCC will be in contact with future students about options for placement testing appointments when information becomes available.
If you have scheduled testing through Pearson VUE or INACE (Illinois State CNA exam), please check your email in regards to rescheduling opportunities. The Assessment Center is unable to handle the registration or rescheduling processes for these testing vendors.
When services resume, we have additional policies in place to provide services in the best environment possible. Find those policies here.
In the meantime, any future appointments need to be scheduling using our online system. Please visit our scheduling page to schedule appointments and view most current schedule. Hours are subject to change when classes are not in session. Candidates will be notified as soon as possible regarding any scheduling changes. For a more extensive list of services and information, please visit this page.
OGLESBY -- E 215
Monday- Thursday 8 am - 7 pm
Friday 8 am - 1 pm
OTTAWA CENTER -- OTTC 125
Tuesday 2 pm-7 pm
Wednesday 9 am - 2 pm
Thursday 11 am - 4 pm
See Placement Testing page for appointment times
- Students must sign in and show a photo ID before testing.
- An appointment is required for all proctored tests for national testing, telecourse, online, and other university course tests.
- An appointment for a make-up test is strongly advised.
- Tests cannot be started within one hour of closing.
- Students should come to the Assessment Center knowing the name of their instructor and class.
- Academic Integrity is expected of all students. Students are encouraged to review the Student Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook.
- All electronic devices must be turned off and stored while students are testing.
- Special accommodations are available for placement and make-up tests. Arrangements must be made in advance. Please contact the Disability Services office at (815) 224-0284 for more information.
- Coats and bags are not allowed into testing rooms. Lockers are provided to store your personal items.
- Children are not allowed into any testing area or to be left unsupervised while individuals are testing.
Certain tests administered by IVCC Assessment Center may require a specific form of ID in order to take the exam. Acceptable forms of ID will need to have student's first and last name, be valid, and have individual's picture. There are no exceptions to this policy. Those without identification will not be permitted to test. Reproductions or photocopies of identification will not be accepted.
- IVCC Student ID
- Other school ID with name and photo (either recently graduated from that school or currently attending that school)
- U.S. State Picture Driver's License
- U.S. State Picture ID Card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military Picture ID
- Federal Picture ID
- Alien Registration Card
- Any other valid, government-issued photo ID (issued by any government)
- Company ID (where currently employed)
- Police ID
Phone: (815) 224-0542
Fax: (815) 224-0572
Sarah Trager, Assessment Center Coordinator
Assessment Center Assistants
National testing for college credit - CLEP®, DSST®, AP ®
National testing for advancement in professions- Pearson VUE, Scantron (formerly Castle Worldwide)
Proctor exams for certifications
Proctor for other college and universities, including placement testing.
Employment specific exams and Contractor Safety exams