IVCC In-Person Placement Testing
In-Person Placement Testing
IVCC is offering placement testing at either Oglesby or the Ottawa Center at this time. If you need to speak to an IVCC counselor, please call (815) 224-0360 to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment.
Placement testing is done by appointment, only. Use the link below to schedule an appointment.Schedule Testing Appointments
What happens after you schedule a placement testing appointment?
- A photo ID is required for taking placement tests in the IVCC Assessment Center.
- You will need your IVCC ID number and K-number to schedule an appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, the IVCC Assessment Center staff will already have this information for you to access your placement testing.
- After you make an appointment, you will receive an e-mail with the information you need to be ready for placement testing.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled testing time. Testers arriving late will not be admitted to test. Tests cannot be started within one hour of closing.
- Be sure to be prepared to comply with all testing policies and procedures.
- All electronic devices must be turned off and stored while students are testing.
- Special accommodations are available for placement and make-up tests. Arrangements must be made in advance. Please contact the Center for Accessibility and Neurodiversity office at (815) 224-0284 for more information and for assistance with going through the placement process.
- Coats and bags are not allowed into testing rooms. Lockers are provided to store your personal items.
- Children are not allowed into any testing area or to be left unsupervised while individuals are testing.
- Take time and review before your appointment. Accuplacer has a free web based app and printable review available.