Placement testing on campus is not available while IVCC is closed. We will be in contact with potential IVCC students about placement testing options when we learn more about opportunities for testing available to students. If you need to speak to an IVCC counselor, please call (815) 224-0360 to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment.
Visit this page, www.ivcc.edu/placement for latest news regarding placement options.
Use these tools to determine your placement in Reading, English, and Math and which Math classes you must complete to satisfy degree requirements.
- Reading, English, and Math Placement Guide (to be linked)
- Math Placement, Classes, and Degree Requirements (to be linked)
Schedule Placement Testing
Placement testing is done by appointment, only. Use the link below to schedule an appointment.Schedule Testing Appointments
What happens after you schedule a placement testing appointment?
- A photo ID is required for taking placement tests in the IVCC Assessment Center.
- You will need your IVCC ID number and K-number. Locate these numbers on your IVCC ID, welcome email, or welcome letter sent from the Admissions department.
- After you make an appointment, you will receive an e-mail with the information you need to be ready for placement testing.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled testing time. Testers arriving late will not be admitted to test. Tests cannot be started within one hour of closing.
- Be sure to be prepared to comply with all testing policies and procedures.
- All electronic devices must be turned off and stored while students are testing.
- Special accommodations are available for placement and make-up tests. Arrangements must be made in advance. Please contact the Disability Services office at (815) 224-0284 for more information.
- Coats and bags are not allowed into testing rooms. Lockers are provided to store your personal items.
- Children are not allowed into any testing area or to be left unsupervised while individuals are testing.
Questions about admissions, counseling, or registration? Contact someone in Student Services, 815-224-0360.