IVCC Response to COVID-19
Last updated: July 26, 2021 - en español
|COVID-19 Confirmed Cases|
Current week July 12 - JuLY 18
cumulative since august 14
|Table updated on July 26, 2021|
Masks Required On-campus Beginning Monday, August 2, 2021
Face masks will be required indoors on-campus beginning Monday, Aug. 2 and will continue for the time being into the fall semester. President Jerry Corcoran announced July 28 masks will be required for all students, faculty, staff and visitors in classrooms, labs and common areas. The mandate applies to both the vaccinated and unvaccinated.
“Masks have proven highly-effective in protecting people from the virus. Universal masking also sets the same expectations for everyone and lifts the burden of faculty having to monitor each students’ vaccination status,” Corcoran said.
Also noteworthy regarding the decision:
- The CDC recommended July 27 even vaccinated people return to mask-wearing in public indoor spaces in parts of the U.S. where the delta variant is surging.
- CDC also released a strict recommendation for K-12 students to wear masks while attending school.
- Self-verification forms will again be issued asking employees and students to pledge to stay home if experiencing COVID-like symptoms.
- Shield Illinois will provide rapid-testing results beginning Aug. 23.
- It was supported by the college’s academic deans.
- Exceptions to mask wearing in the classroom or lab must be approved by Vice President for Academic Affairs Deborah Anderson.
“Adding face masks to the plan is another layer of protection,” Corcoran said. “Our response to every hurdle we’ve encountered has been impressive. I am proud of our employees’ resilience and professionalism.”
IVCC Response to COVID-19 for Employees
Students: Who to Contact with Immediate Health Concerns
Students with immediate health concerns, such as a positive test result or potential exposure to COVID, should contact Mark Grzybowski, Vice President of Student Services, email@example.com, 815-224-0393.
***If contacted by the IDPH (or County Health Department) as part of contact tracing, please use your local, home addresses and accurate identification information.***
- CDC COVID-19 Symptoms - please do not come to campus if you experience any of these!
- IVCC Operations and Safety Plan (PDF)
- Current and upcoming vaccination clinics
- Find additional COVID-19 vaccines near you
Before Coming to IVCC
- Check your class schedule and know if/when your classes meet on campus or online. Not sure how your class
works? Check the delivery web page for information. Pay attention to section numbers, locations, and meeting information. Please note:
If your class shows meeting days of TR, it meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If it only shows T, it meets on Tuesdays. If it only shows R, it meets
- Internet Classes do not have meeting days and times and are fully online
- Virtual Class Meeting Classes have meeting days and times and are fully online
- Blended Internet, Blended Main Campus, and Blended Ottawa Center classes have meeting days and times on campus and meet online
- In-person classes are on campus and have meeting days, times, and locations
- Give yourself enough time to arrive, park, and enter the building where temperature checking will take place
- Stay home and notify your instructors if you are feeling sick
Computer and Internet Access
- Wifi is available at IVCC locations
- Ottawa Center computer lab
- Academic Support Center, Oglesby Campus, A-201
- Loaner webcams are available in the Academic Support Center, A-201
- We recommend personal earbuds or headsets be used; we may have a limited supply to provide.
- IVCC Main Phone - (815) 224-2720
- IVCC Ottawa Center - (815) 224-0800
- Counseling - Class Scheduling, Personal Support
- Registration & Records
- Financial Aid
- Tuition Payment
- Student Technology Help Desk
- Online Learning
- Center for Accessibility and Neurodiversity
- Tutoring and Writing Center