Internship Course Registration Process
Internships for Program Course Credit
Illinois Valley Community College is providing exposure to the real world by offering
various Academic Programs that have internship course requirements. Career Services
works collaboratively with Academic Program Coordinators and serves as a resource
to students who are seeking an internship opportunity and wish to register for the
course to earn their course credit.
The internship courses are designed to give students an opportunity to utilize the principles and skills they have learned in the classroom and laboratory. Basically, it is a chance to see firsthand what a specific job is really about. The experience provided during the internship should better prepare the student for the college courses remaining in the student’s program of study by giving relevancy and meaning to the knowledge and skills taught in the classroom.
While ‘on-the-job’ experience can be as valuable as anything learned during a student’s studies, it is important to know that IVCC’s programs have different pre-requisites, requirements and expectations of what the student should be learning and what duties they will perform.
Students interested in registering for an internship course should:
- Obtain approval for a specific internship worksite to earn your course credit,
- Obtain your program coordinator's specific instructions of reporting hours,
- Obtain your program coordinator's signature on your completed Student Internship Registration and Tracking Form and Student Internship Waiver of Liability Form.
- Once your internship location/worksite is approved, and your program coordinator has
signed the completed the forms listed above,
- then -
- Bring the forms to Career Services to finalize your internship course processing. Incomplete forms or forms missing signatures will not be processed.
- Course registration forms are available in Career Services - this registration form will be needed to enroll for your internship course credit.
To search for current internship opportunities in northern Illinois simply go www.collegecentral.com/ivcc
To access other web-based internship listing services click the following links: CollegeGrad:
Glass Door for Students: www.glassdoor.com/Students
Interesting article: How to Find an Internship - Internships for Students, Grads, and Career Changers at: https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-find-an-internship-2061073