We've moved! If you are looking for information on IVCC cooking classes, please use this link to browse classes at our new website ivcc.edu/enroll.Browse classes now
or Register by calling the IVCC Continuing Education Center: (815) 224-0427
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Hours may vary during holidays. IVCC is closed on Fridays during the summer.)
If a class you are interested in is full, please contact our office to inquire about additional class dates at (815) 224-0427. Please check back for updates or email Kim_Koehler@ivcc.edu to be added to the Culinary Arts e-newsletter list.
Additional [Hands-On] Culinary Class Information
Roll up your sleeves and get ready to chop, mix and knead your way through each recipe. Classes are open to all skill levels.
Even Smaller Classes
We have reduced our class sizes to 9 people to ensure ample social distancing. Fewer cooks in the kitchen right now is a good thing! Additional class dates may be added throughout the semester should the first classes fill up.
Learn from the Best
- Our instructors are teachers and chefs - they have a wealth of experience and love sharing their knowledge.
- Cooking classes are 2½-3 hours unless otherwise noted. You’ll be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and tie long hair back. Wear clothes that can get a little messy. Do not wear shirts with loose sleeves. Aprons are recommended.
- Please bring a face covering which is currently required to enter the building and which may be needed during portions of class.
- Cook and taste at your own station, with individual equipment and disposable gloves provided.
- Be ready to have fun!
"Very enjoyable & informative. Very personal instructor. A+ Chef Sara Fitzpatrick."- Mary Jane C.