Zoom ResourcesBlackboard Faculty & Staff Email WebAdvisor Zoom
CETLA Workshop Registration
Introduction to Zoom
All IVCC Zoom professional accounts will by default have the following settings enabled. These may be modified by the account holder as needed. The tutorials found under the optimize settings heading below provide instructions for customizing these options.
- Audio for session participants is muted upon entering the webinar
- Breakout rooms are not enabled
- Polling is not enabled
- Screen sharing is available for the facilitator but not participants
- Sessions are not automatically recorded
- Video for session participants is muted upon entry into the meeting
Zoom News and Updates
Visit the Zoom news and updates page to read about recent changes and news affecting Zoom accounts. For information regarding Zoom outages and alternative webinar options visit our Zoom Contingency Plan web page.
- Getting started Zoom resources
- Scheduling meetings (Note: Several important safety settings are explained)
- Testing speakers and microphones
Optimize Zoom Settings
- Automatically record to the Zoom cloud
- Create customized meeting rooms
- Enable breakout rooms
- Manage cloud recording storage
Recording Zoom Meetings
- Create closed captions
- Customize layouts for recordings
- How to automatically create text transcripts for your Zoom recordings
- IOS screen sharing
- How to designate a participant to create text captions and transcripts
- Managing Zoom breakout rooms
- Managing Zoom recordings saved to the cloud
- Recording a meeting
- Sharing a local recording
- Sharing a PowerPoint
- Sharing a video clip
- Using a second camera
- Using a whiteboard and annotation tools
Guidelines for Recordings
- Keep your recoding short, topic specific, and ten minutes or less in duration.
- Post the content to a server that is intended for streaming video . (Youtube is a favorite)
- Consider posting the link to your content in Blackboard with a description of the content.
- If you post your content to Youtube check the automatically created closed captions for accuracy. Sometimes it will require some corrections.
- If you have opted to save your Zoom recording to the cloud be sure to check the text transcript for accuracy and make corrections if necessary.
- Each Zoom professional account has a cloud recording storage limit of .5GB. To see how much you have used log into Zoom and select the recordings link found at the left of the screen. Cloud recordings will be automatically deleted after they have been stored for 120 days.
- Guidelines and instructions for creating and sharing video podcasts
Recorded Zoom Lectures Distributed to Students in Other Sections
Faculty may send recorded lectures to students in multiple sections as long as section enrollment information is not included. IVCC Guidance on Complying with FERPA in Distance Learning.
Recording and Privacy Syllabus Statement
This class will use software to record class sessions. Recordings will be made available only to students enrolled in the class. Should the instructor wish to publish the video outside of the password protected classroom, the instructor will obtain consent from all students before the recording is made available.
During recorded sessions, students should follow the instructor's guidelines regarding audio and/or video feeds during the class session and recording.
Students may be asked to record and submit video and/or audio content for coursework. Recordings will be seen by the instructor of the class and could be shared with other students in the class. Should the instructor wish to publish the video or audio outside of the class, the instructor will obtain consent from the student who submitted the work before publishing.
Zoom User Group
Find useful tips and share ideas and resources with other IVCC zoom users. Advanced and new users will all find useful information. Sign up on the CETLA Events Page to get the meeting link and visit the Zoom Tips to see an archive of useful tips sent out via email.