Intro to Web Accessibility
Visit the Introduction to Web Accessibility by WebAIM to learn why it is important and required to meet federal and state laws and standards.
CETLA Guides for Making documents Accessible
- Create Accessible Excel Documents
- Creating Accessible PowerPoints
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Handouts
- Creating Accessible Word Documents
- Using the Acrobat DC Accessibility Tools
- Illinois Community Colleges Online (ILCCO) offers a free, self-paced course on Accessibility Best Practices. Apply your understanding by making materials accessible with templates and helpful guides.
Accessibility in Brightspace
- See Accessibility Tools at Brightspace ResourcesBrightspace Resources
- Participate in the free, self-guided courses in D2L's Accessibility Academy. Sign in to the Brightspace Community, navigate to the D2L Learning Center>Resources> Accessibility Academy.
- Statistics for Adults with Disabilities - CDC
- Federal Guidelines for Accessible Web Content
- Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act Standards 1.0
- Screen Reader Demo 3:49 minutes
Universal Design for Learning
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a framework for designing curriculum that is accessible to students with a wide range of abilities, disabilities, and other characteristics. See the UDL Guidelines for providing multiple means of engagement, representation, and expression.