Magna Commons Professional Development at IVCC
IVCC subscribes to a professional development resource, Magna Commons. Content is available to all IVCC personnel by contact Patrice, email@example.com The content is also curated into professional development workshops and other events at IVCC.
Test Construction and Administration
This series involves viewing ten 20-Minute Mentor videos related to test construction and administration. Participants will view video content and produce reflections, testing plans, item analysis, and other artifacts.
- This is a self-paced series that should be completed within a semester; summer, fall, or spring.
- Participants who successfully complete all of the series task are eligible for salary movement (FT faculty) or a stipend (FT or PT faculty).
- Series tasks may include reviewing and revising a test, test item analysis, refining academic honesty language, learning outcomes assessment, and/or preparing students for testing well and reducing anxiety.
- To register, email Patrice, firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants in this series will view:
- How can I make my multiple-choice tests more effective?
- How can I transform my tests into learning tools?
- How can I minimize cheating in the classroom?
- How can I make my exams more about learning, less about grades?
- How can I enhance students’ self-regulated learning skills?
- How can I effectively teach unprepared students?
- Are group exams a viable testing option?
- How can I assess critical thinking with objective items?
- How can students use self-compassion to reduce test anxiety?
- What key factors influence test performance?
Questions? Contact Patrice Hess, Director of Learning Resources, email@example.com