Instructor Essentials Training
- All faculty are encouraged to participate in Instructor Essentials training.
- Faculty who complete Essentials training will be given information about moving content from Blackboard to Brightspace. All content moved from Blackboard to Brightspace must meet certain criteria.
- Faculty must REGISTER for training sessions.
Finished Essentials training? Click here for information about moving content and requesting course master templates in Brightspace.
Instructor Essentials CETLA Sessions
These sessions are showings are of the recorded Instructor Essentials session led by D2L. The sessions will be group viewings where IVCC LMS team members will be available for questions. Daytime sessions are in-person in CETLA, E321 on the Oglesby Campus. Evening sessions are in Zoom.
REGISTER at least 24 hours in advance of the session using this form.
- Wednesday, November 30; 5-7 PM
- Thursday, December 1; 2-4 PM
- Thursday, December 8; 5-7 PM
- Wednesday, December 14; 11 AM-1 PM (This session also includes lunch. Orders will be requested before December 14.)
- Tuesday, January 10; 5-7 PM
- Thursday, January 12; 1-3 PM
Instructor Essentials Open Labs
Anyone who completes the 2-hour Instructor Essentials training has the option to drop-in, in-person or schedule additional Brightspace help.
For additional help in Brightspace, drop-in, in-person to CETLA during these times:
- Tuesday, November 29, 12noon -3pm
- Wednesday, December 7, 12noon -3pm
- Thursday, December 15, 12noon -3pm
To schedule one-on-one D2L help, email Dawn Lockwood, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Smith, email@example.com
- Brightspace Guided Training for Instructors
- D2L Brightspace Instructor Training Documentation
- D2L Brightspace Login