Revocation of Official Recognition of a Student Organization
An organization may lose its status as an officially recognized organization if:
- The organization has been inactive for the preceding academic year or shows no promise of becoming active. Any monies remaining (student activity money) in the organization account will revert to the general activity fund.
- The organization fails to file with the Coordinator of Student Activities a list of its current officers and/or to complete the annual budget request.
- The Student Government Association of the Coordinator of Student Activities requests a review of the organization activities as they relate to the goals and purposes of student life at IVCC, and either of their respective approvals of the organization is withdrawn.
- An organization submits a written request for deactivation to the Coordinator of Student Activities.
When official recognition is revoked, the Student Government Association will complete a Revocation of Official Recognition of a Student Organization form. The form will then be sent to the Coordinator of Student Activities for final action. If an organization has its approved status revoked, it will not be permitted to act as an official campus organization. This means that the group:
- Will not be allowed to meet on campus.
- May not utilize the school name, services or facilities.