IVCC Foundation Scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year
The link to the IVCC Foundation scholarship application is located below. Please read
the following information carefully and have your essay completed and saved as a PDF
before beginning the application process.
If you are interested in being considered for the Curley or Fester award listed in Section II of the General Awards, there is an additional one-page essay required for each.
Contact Donna Swiskoski in the IVCC Foundation Office with any questions about the online application or a specific scholarship.
Office: (815) 224-0551
Thursday, February 6, 2020
Online application & uploaded essay must be submitted by 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6. If you need accommodations in an alternate formate please contact the Foundation Office.
Thursday, February 6, 2020
The 2020-2021 FAFSA must be submitted online for consideration of Foundation scholarships. Access the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
Dear Scholarship Applicant,
Listed below is information for completing the online application for the 2020-21 year.
Your essay is the key part of your application and should be completed before you begin the online application. A single essay is for all scholarships available, general and program specific.
A committee reviews and scores the essay as a whole based on essay guidelines followed, content of essay (all areas 1, 2, & 3 are addressed), quality of essay (focused and structured), spelling & grammar.
Typed and double-spaced; Put your name on each page, top right corner
Do not put a title on the essay
Font Style--Times New Roman, Font Size--12, All Margins--1 inch
Length: 2 pages but no more than 3 pages—one sided, no back to back
In the essay, please address all 3 areas listed below:
1. Educational and Professional Goals
* Reasons you are attending IVCC and why you chose your specific major.
* If applicable, what or who inspired your decision.
* Describe your educational and professional goals beyond IVCC.
2. Involvement and Community Service (if none, please explain)
* Participation in school events, clubs or activities.
* Examples of non-school related volunteerism or community service.
* Honors received.
3. Financial Need and Special Circumstances
* Reasons you are seeking a scholarship.
* Concerns or special circumstances, if applicable, that you would like us to consider.
* All applicants are required to submit the 2020-2021 FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid, online by February 6, 2020, at www.fafsa.gov
* All applicants are required to apply for admission to IVCC.
* Scholarships are awarded on the assumption the recipient will be enrolled at IVCC full-time (12+ credit hours) for the 2020-21 school year, unless otherwise indicated.
* GPA scores that we use for eligibility are based on the 4.00 system.
Funding & Award Notification
* Scholarship award amounts vary based upon available funds; minimum award is $500
* The IVCC Foundation has the authority to not award scholarships posted within the website or listed in any publication.
* The Foundation will notify all applicants of award decisions by June 2020 via mailed letter.
Listed below is individual award criteria for each scholarship
Business (accounting, economics, finance, marketing, etc.)
CAD, HVAC, industrial maintenance or electrician, machinist tool & die, manufacturing, welding, etc.
Computer Technology (Cybersecurity, programming, networking, etc.)
Fine Arts (art, drawing, graphics, music, painting, sculpture, theatre)
General awards - Open To All Students
Law / Government (judge, attorney, pre-law etc.)
Scholarships available to IVCC students transferring in Fall 2020 to NIU
William & Dian Taylor Awards
Scholarship available to IVCC students transferring in Fall 2020 to Eureka College
Steven W. Rigazio Scholarship