Associate of Applied Science - Office ProfessionalAAS Office Proffessional Office Professional II Certificate Office Professional I Certificate
WHAT IS OFFICE PROFESSIONAL?
This program is designed for students who want to develop the required skills to work in an office environment. Students will have the opportunity to learn skills in keyboarding, software applications, office procedures, supervision, management, Internet research, accounting, communications, information management and ethics.
Students can earn one of two, or both, certificates and enter the workforce to apply core skills in as little as two semesters. Students can also continue working towards the Associate in Applied Science degree and finish within two years. IVCC has partnerships in place with colleges and universities for those students wanting to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in the field.
HANDS ON TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Courses in the Office Professional program are offered in a face-to-face, online and blended format to meet the needs of our traditional and adult student populations. The program also includes an on-the-job work experience related to your career interests.
IVCC tuition is just one-third to one-fourth the cost of state universities and far
below most private institutions. An approximation of tuition and fees and cost comparison
can be found on the IVCC website at www.ivcc.edu/payment and at www.ivcc.edu/save.
Many scholarship opportunities are available through the IVCC Foundation at
www.ivcc.edu/foundation and Financial Aid is available for those who qualify at www.ivcc.edu/financialaid.
High school dual credit courses are available through some in-district high schools.
While many people enjoy working as an administrative assistant for the duration of
their careers, others use this role as a springboard to other career opportunities.
Working as an administrative assistant can be a stepping-stone to many roles in the field of business. A variety of public and private industries require office personnel with good technology skills including: education, manufacturing, healthcare, and government.
Find out more about Office Professional positions at www.mynextmove.org.
Administrative Assistant, Human Resource Assistant, Information Clerk,
Insurance Processing Clerks, Office Supervisor, Receptionist
After completion of the program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply business standards for efficiency, time management, and quality of work while projecting a professional image including ethical standards with respect to privacy, confidentiality, and personal behavior both independently and in group situations.
- Apply fundamental principles of spelling, grammar, and punctuation to a wide variety of business communication messages, documents, and reports appropriate for the intended audience.
- Select, apply, and adapt computer software tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, data base, accounting, presentation to business related tasks and assess the logic of the results.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the accounting cycle to record business transactions for both service and merchandising businesses including adjustments, closing procedures, preparation of financial reports, bank statement reconciliations, petty cash transactions, and record payroll transactions.
- Apply standard records management procedures when establishing and maintaining systems to classify, organize, store, and retrieve hard copy and electronic files.
- Demonstrate active listening skills to accurately condense and record verbal information, instructions, and ideas.