LOGGING INTO WEBADVISOR
Do I have a WebAdvisor account?
How can I reset my password?
I'm locked out of WebAdvisor, what do I do?
How do I get past the update/verify profile?
What is my username and password?
What do I do if the wrong email is on file?
WEBADVISOR'S STUDENTS MENU
How do I access my 1098 tax form?
How do I pay for my class?
How do I review my Financial Aid?
How do I register for Classes?
How do I drop a class?
What is a Waitlist?
When does registration start?
Which Action do I select when registering? Please choose an action for ALL or an individual action; not both
I'm trying to register and the computer states a course pre-requisite has not been met, what do I do?
How do I register for CNA when I have ALH 1210 and 1211 on my sheet?
What does the Error message "You are not eligible for registration at this time" mean?
What does the Warning "Multiple Submit Warning" mean?
I have a Academic Hold, Counselor Hold, or Cashier Hold, what do I do?
Registration is not allowed. You have no active Academic Program, who do I proceed?
How do I view grades?
How do I get transcripts?
How do I find my class schedule?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are you a current student or have you been a student since 2003?
- If Yes:
- You should already have a WebAdvisor account. To activate your account,
go to www.ivcc.edu/gowebadvisor and click the link "SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT"
located on the left side of the page. Follow the prompts.
- Have you applied to the college?
- No, I have not applied to the college.
- We apologize, you will not be able to register online today. You will need to complete an application. The application is available online at www.ivcc.edu/apply.
- Yes, I have applied to the college.
- Students registered prior to the beginning of the semester automatically receive a WebAdvisor account. After the semester begins, prospective students who want to register for classes online will need to request a WebAdvisor account. You may use the link here to go directly to the webpage and request a WebAdvisor account. If you need further assistance, you may receive support in person at the Student Help Desk in the Learning Commons (D201) or by phone 815-224-0318 or via email at email@example.com.
- Choose WHAT'S MY PASSWORD? from WebAdvisor's main menu, then choose RESET MY PASSWORD and follow the prompts.
- A temporary password will be sent to the student’s choice of email accounts.
- The temporary password is only valid for one session. You will be prompted to immediately change the temporary password.
- Temporary password issues
- My temporary password is not working.
- We recommend that you double left click over the temporary password sent in the email and right click to copy. Then, go to the WebAdvisor Login webpage and paste it into the password field. The username is your K-number entered in all capital letters.
- I had the password sent to my personal email address and I still have not received it.
- Check your spam folder or junk folder.
- Verify that your email address in the temporary password dropdown field is correct. If it is not, call Admissions at 815-224-0447 and ask them to correct your personal email address on file. Once corrected, begin the steps to reset your password again.
- The password was sent to my IVCC student email and I don't know how to log in.
- Your email username is your Kfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email initial password is EaglesXXXXXXX (Xs represent your 7-digit student ID number)
- My password for my student email is not working.
- To have your password reset:
- Stop by the Student Help Desk in the Learning Commons, D-201.
- Call the Student Help Desk at 815-224-0318.
- Email the Student Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Wait seven minutes and try entering your password again. If it still does not work, reset your password using the link WHAT’S MY PASSWORD from the MAIN MENU screen in WebAdvisor.
- Every six months you will be prompted to update your profile. Click on UPDATE/VERIFY MY PROFILE, make any necessary changes, select the checkbox at the bottom indicating you have verified the information, and click submit. Then, log out of WebAdvisor and log back in to see all menus.
- Your username is your K-number entered in all capital letters. Find it by clicking the WHAT'S MY USER ID (K NUMBER)? link on WebAdvisor's MAIN MENU.
- I have never used WebAdvisor:
- There is no default password for WebAdvisor. You will need to set up
your account. Click SET UP MY ACCOUNT to get started.
- I have used WebAdvisor in the past but forgot my password.
- Your password consists of six to nine characters in length and must contain both letters and numbers. If you still can't remember, click on WHAT'S MY PASSWORD. You will have to reset your password.
- If the wrong email address is on file, call Admissions at 815-224-0447 and ask them to correct your personal email address.
- From the STUDENTS menu, select VIEW MY 1098-T FORMS listed under FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
- From the STUDENTS menu:
- To set up a payment plan, select PAYMENT PLAN SETUP - FACTS/NELNET listed under FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
- To pay in full, select MAKE A ONE-TIME PAYMENT listed under FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
- From the STUDENTS menu, select an option from under the FINANCIAL INFORMATION heading. If you have questions concerning your financial aid, please call the Financial Aid at 815-224-0438.
You may follow the steps below or view our online video.
How to set up your “Preferred Sections”
(We strongly recommend that all students create their preferred sections prior to the first day of registration.)
1. Login on www.ivcc.edu/gowebadvisor
2. Select the STUDENTS menu (blue bar labeled ‘Students’)
3. Click REGISTER FOR SELECTIONS listed under REGISTRATION (Select step a. or b. below.)
a. Use SEARCH AND REGISTER FOR SECTIONS, if you would like to look for sections and add them to your Preferred Sections list. Select the term and your desired course information and submit. You will need need to select the check box beside the course(s) you wish to add to your Preferred Sections list, then submit.
b. Use EXPRESS REGISTRATION, if you know the subject, course number, and section for the course(s) you wish to add to your Preferred Sections list.
4. Your course(s) is now listed in your Preferred Sections. (If registration is underway, proceed to step 1b. below. If registration has not begun, continue with “Register for your Preferred Sections” on the first day of registration.)
Register for your “Preferred Sections”
(after registration has begun)
1. Register Your Preferred Sections
a. From the Students menu, select Register and Drop Sections
b. Select RG Register using the drop-down arrow next to each individual course OR choose ‘Action for ALL Pref. Sections (or choose below)’, click the drop-down arrow and select RG Register to submit all courses at once
(NOTE: You cannot select RG Register for both ‘Action for All’ and Individual. Choose only one approach.)
c. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
2. If you have successfully registered, the Status field beside each course will display “Registered for this section”. You should confirm your registration by printing a class schedule. Select My Class Schedule from the Student’s menu.
Withdrawals are different from drops. For students who drop classes before the tenth day of a regular 16-week Fall or Spring semester, a full refund less the registration fee will be generated. After the tenth day, you must withdraw from the class by asking your instructor or performing a student initiated withdrawal in WebAdvisor. Check with your instructor for the withdrawal and drop dates or call Admissions at 815-224-0447.
- To drop a class in WebAdvisor before the tenth day:
- Use the REGISTRATION menu. Select REGISTER AN DROP SECTIONS. After selecting the class you want to drop, select REMOVE FROM LIST.
- To perform a student initiated withdrawal (after the tenth day and before the last day for withdrawals):
- Use the REGISTRATION menu. Select STUDENT INITIATED WITHDRAWL. Fill out the form and submit.
- You will need the course ID and section number.
- If you attempt to register for a class that is full, you may have the option to add that class to your waitlist. Students can add classes to their waitlist on WebAdvisor, by phone or in person once a class has reached its maximum capacity.
- Please visit the Admissions website for further information on waitlisting.
Summer 2016 Registration: Friday, April 8th
Fall 2016 Registration Begins: Wednesday, April 13th
Registration begins on-line ONLY through WebAdvisor at 8:00am, in-person at 12:00pm, and via phone/fax/mail at 2:00pm.
- Please choose an action for ALL or an individual action; not both.
- Resolution: You have chosen an action in the top box and in the
individual boxes listed next to your course. Be sure the top box (Action
for ALL Sections) is blank and select submit. This will then register
you for your classes.
- If you have an orange form signed by a counselor, call (815) 224-0360.
The counselor will verify the prerequisite for you and make the
necessary changes. Then, you can register using WebAdvisor Registration.
- If you do not have an orange form signed by a counselor, there is a
prerequisite for the course. A counselor would be able to explain the
prerequisite or other options (815 224-0360).
Call the counseling center (815) 224-0360 for assistance with changing classes.
Once you have the correct sections, you can register on the Web. (note: the classes were changed late, so your sections may no longer be valid.)
If you signed on right before or right at 8:00 a.m. and after clicking the submit you get the following message, “You are not eligible for registration at this time."
You signed on before Web Registration was made available. You do NOT need to log out—use the Student Menu button at the top of WebAdvisor and use the "Register and Drop Sections" link under RegistrationThis time, when you click submit, it should work (provided we have made Web Registration available.)
*** Web Registration is made available at exactly 8:00 a.m. IVCC time. ***
You signed on before Web Registration was made available. You do NOT
need to log out—use the Student Menu button at the top of WebAdvisor
and use the "Register and Drop Sections" link under RegistrationThis
time, when you click submit, it should work (provided we have made Web
*** Web Registration is made available at exactly 8:00 a.m. IVCC time. ***
The requested Web page is inaccessible as you have submitted the page multiple times. The procedure is a security precaution of the system.
Resolution: This means you hit submit more than once. Go to the "Student Menu" at the top and go directly to "Register and Drop Sections" under Registration which will show you which classes were added to your lists. Be sure to only hit submit once and then wait! If the process you just did does not show up, return to the menu page and restart the original process, reentering your data. Be sure to only hit submit ONCE and then wait!
A hold placed by counseling to ensure that the student has seen a counselor.
Resolution: To have this hold removed from your account, contact counseling at (815) 224-0360. After the hold is removed, you will be able to register on the web.
There is a balance due to the college.
Resolution: Call the Cashier at (815) 224-0213. After the issue has been resolved, you will be able to register on the web.
Resolution: In order to proceed, call Records at 815 224-0447 and ask for an academic program to be added to your records.
Using the STUDENT MENU, click on GRADE POINT AVERAGE BY TERM, which is located under ACADEMIC PROFILE. Select the term for the grade(s) you need.
- Select STUDENT MENU then ACADEMIC PROFILE then TRANSCRIPT REQUEST
- Fill in the information and submit
- Track your transcript request online through WebAdvisor using the TRANSCRIPT REQUEST STATUS.
- For more information on Transcript requests contact Admissions at 815-224-0447.
Select Student Menu, then under Academic Profile select My Class Schedule