Join some of the smartest people on campus in person and online
Be sure to check back here for the most current schedules and information.
Fall Tutor List
Check the tutor list for subjects and modes.
In-Person Drop-in Hours
Visit the Tutoring Center in the Learning Commons, D-201, for help with almost all
subjects including math and science.
No drop-in hours available on Friday, Oct. 2.
- Mondays: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Tuesdays through Fridays: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Virtual Drop-in Tutoring Sessions
Visit Trisha's virtual tutoring sessions for help with chemistry, math, biology and other subjects. These sessions will start the week of Aug. 31.
- Tuesdays: 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9-10 a.m.
- Thursdays: 10 a.m.-noon
To join drop-in tutoring sessions, follow this link to the Zoom room: https://zoom.us/my/peertutoring.tl
To request individual tutoring sessions (virtual or in-person), email firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be monitoring this mailbox Monday through Friday. A tutor will respond to your email and make arrangements for tutoring via email, phone, and/or Zoom. If you need to reach the tutoring coordinator, call 815-224-0479. We'll respond to your request within one business day, but probably sooner.
Meet the Tutors
- Cindy Kurkowski - accounting
- Trisha Loger - science, math, music
- Kathy Scheibenreif - math, Spanish
- Kris Sienza - math
- Angela Dunlap - statistics, multiple disciplines
Email the Tutors
Become a Peer Tutor
Students interested in becoming peer tutors should contact Angela Dunlap at email@example.com.
In order to be a tutor, you must meet these criteria:
- You must have earned a "B" or better in the subject you wish to tutor.
- An instructor must recommend you or verify your ability to tutor the subject.
- You must complete an interview and training process.
Tutors are paid student workers. Therefore, if you are looking for a little extra money and would like the experience of helping others, think of becoming a peer tutor!