Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the class schedule?
a. Day classes start at 8:00 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m.
b. Evening classes start at 5:00 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m.
2. What is the student to trainer ratio in the training truck?
a. Only three students per trainer when the class goes outside to work with equipment.
3. Should I take the CDL written test prior to starting the class?
a. No, do not take the written test prior to class. We will prepare each student in our classroom training to take the written state test.
4. Will I have my CDL at the end of training?
a. Classes are tested by the state and awarded their CDL using our trucks.
5. Is funding or financial assistance available?
a. Yes, to find out if you qualify for financial assistance call 815-224-0266
6. Are classes conducted on the IVCC campus?
a. Yes, all TDT classes are conducted on the IVCC campus located on the east campus training center.
7. Will there be job opportunities after completing the course?
a. We have applications for local, regional and over-the-road in our interview room located at the training center that you are more the welcome to fill out while attending the course. We will fax the applications in and in some cases, we receive a response that day.
8. How old do you have to be to get your CDL?
a. You must be 18 years old to obtain your CDL. A DOT physical is conducted for each student.
9. Do women have the same opportunity to be employed as Truck Drivers?
a. Opportunities for women have never been better. Many companies have women trainers and are looking to hire women whenever possible.