New Email Accounts SU22
Microsoft 365 Accounts for Students
Congratulations! You are part of a small group of students to receive the new Microsoft 365 accounts with a new email address. Below are steps to log in to your new account, forward your email and move your OneDrive files. If you run into issues or have questions, contact the Student Help Desk.
Email Log in
Forward Your Email
- Go to Student Email
- Enter your old email address (Kfirstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- At the top of the page, select the gear icon to open your Settings. Search Outlook settings for "forwarding".
- Check enable forwarding and enter your new email address (Kemail@example.com), and select Save.
- Choose Automatic Replies, turn on this option, and add a message like "Please send future emails to Kfirstname.lastname@example.org."
Move Your OneDrive Files
As of October 1, 2022, your old Office 365 Account will be disabled. Move any important documents or files that you want to save from your old account to your new one.
- Sync OneDrive to your computer for both of your old and new account.
- Use File Explorer to move files from your old One Drive folders to your new ones. See Move files from OneDrive for more information.
To Update Your Eagle Mail Self-Service Password Reset Options
- Go to Self Service Password Reset
- Log in using your Eagle Mail login.
- Complete or update the information used to reset your password: phone, personal email, and/or security questions.
To Use the Microsoft 365 Online Apps
- To use the Microsoft 365 online apps, log into your new Eagle Mail account, select the app launcher in the upper left corner (9 squares), then select your desired app.
To Install the Microsoft 365 Apps on Your Own Device
As a registered IVCC student, you have access to install Microsoft 365 on up to five compatible devices for use while you are a student at IVCC. You have access to the software for up to one year after your last semester.
- To download and install: Log into your IVCC Eagle Mail account, select the app launcher in the upper left corner, select Office 365 →, and select Install Office.
- For step-by-step installation instructions go to Download and Install Office 365 and follow the instructions under "You signed in with a work or school account."
For more information
- For instructions on how to create a document using the Office 365 Online apps and/or how to upload a file to Blackboard, see MS Office 365 Online Apps to Blackboard PDF.
- For training on how to use the various Office apps, go to Office 365 Training Center.
- To discover more technology tools and suggestions for how to use Office 365 apps, go to Tech Tools for Learning.