Frequently asked questions about usernames and passwords
What's my username?
What's my password?
What do all the numbers mean in my ID card?
What if I don't remember my Blackboard, student email, or network password?
What if I don't remember my Webadvisor password?
What if I want to change my password?
Can I reset my own password?
Your username (also known as log-in ID or user ID) for Blackboard, the computer network, the wireless network, student email, and Webadvisor is your K-number. Webadvisor is the only system where you must enter your K-number in all capital letters.
Finding your K-number
- Your K-number can be found on your Student ID card or by using the "What's my User ID?" link in Webadvisor.
- Your K-number will always use uppercase letters.
- Your K-number will never use the letter "O" in order to avoid confusion with the number "0."
Your default password for Blackboard, the IVCC network, the wireless network, and student email is your seven-digit student number. Webadvisor is the only system where you must set up your account and create your own password.
You will be locked out of your student email after five unsuccessful attempts. The lockout time is ten minutes.
You will be locked out of your Webadvisor account after three unsuccessful attempts. The lockout time is seven minutes.
There is no lockout period for Blackboard, the network, or wireless network.
Finding the seven-digit student number
- Your seven-digit student number can be found on your student ID card or on your student schedule.
- Your seven-digit student number is in purple on the new student ID cards.
- You are strongly encouraged to change your password as soon as you log into each system. For your security, passwords should contain both numbers and letters, both
uppercase and lowercase.
The entire number on your student ID card is referred to as the STUDENT ID NUMBER. The numbers 24611 are at the beginning of all ID numbers and allow students to use the Jacob's Library resources both on campus and online. The next seven numbers are unique to each student. The seven-digit student number is the default password on all IVCC accounts except Webadvisor. The last two numbers indicate the number of times you have been issued and ID card. You should treat your student ID number as confidential information and avoid giving it out unnecessarily.
- Call the Student Help Desk at 815-224-0318 and provide your K-number and seven-digit student number. Your password will be reset to your seven-digit student number.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your K-number, seven digit student number, and contact information. Your password will be reset to your seven-digit student number.
- Please allow one hour to process a request for password reset between
the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30pm Monday - Friday. If you call or send an
email after that time, it will be reset the next business day.
- Student email
the "Preferences" tab.
the Overview pane, click "General."
Log-in options click "Password."
- Passwords must be a minimum of six characters. There are no case or character rules.
- The lockout time is 10 minutes.
Ctrl + Alt + Del.
the "Change password" button.
old password. Hit tab.
new password. Hit tab.
the main Webadvisor screen, select the "What’s My Password" link.
- Click on "Reset my password" and follow
temporary password will be sent to the student’s choice of e-mail accounts. If
a personal e-mail address is not listed in Webadvisor, the default e-mail
address is the IVCC’s student e-mail.
temporary password is only valid for one session. You will be prompted
to immediately change the temporary password.
Can I reset my own password?
Yes, you can reset your own password by going to the Webadvisor website and selecting "WHAT'S MY PASSWORD?" link and then clicking "Reset my password." Follow the prompts.
The Network, Student email, and Blackboard:
No, unfortunately these systems are not currently designed to allow students to reset their own passwords. Contact the Student Help Desk for assistance. (815) 224-0318 or email@example.com