Read our Student Technology Guide for more information.
All Windows computers (with the exception of the graphic design lab):
- Utilize the Windows 7 operating system
- Most have Microsoft Office Professional 2013 installed
- A couple computer labs and two computer banks in the Learning Commons have MS Office Professional 2016 installed
- Are networked to provide students with a network account (U:\drive) to store files
- Have USB ports
- Some have CD/DVD drives
- Have Internet access
The Macs are running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and have Adobe CS6 installed.
Additionally, IVCC has numerous computer labs and course-specific labs throughout the campus.
Each computer lab on campus is equipped with a black and white printer. The printers located in the Jacobs Library, the Learning Commons, and at the Ottawa Center utilize a print release station for printing. Black and white prints are 5¢ per page. A color printer for student use is also located in the Learning Commons upon request. Color prints are 25¢ per page.
Wireless access is available to students and IVCC employees. For further information and step-by-step wireless login instructions, visit the Information Technology Services' Wireless Access web page. Please note: Your IVCC Network credentials will be required to log in.
Learning Commons Computer Lab—Room D201
The Learning Commons computer lab is an open lab environment with 53 PCs and 2 Macs. All computers are networked to a black and white printer utilizing a print release station for printing. In addition, two quick print computer stations allow students to print in black and white or color. The lab is staffed and maintained by the Student Help Desk staff.
Technology available in the lab:
- Multi-card reader
- Scanner—flatbed and document
- Over 30 different software packages
- Wireless access for your personal mobile device
Software by Discipline
This PDF file
will list the various types of software available in the Learning Commons and the computer bank with which the software can be found.