IVCC Online - For Faculty
Last updated January 12, 2021
Questions or problems? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Academic Services and Support
- Online and Blended Learning Website
- Learning Resources: Academic and Personal Support
- Online Testing Resources
- Pass/Fail Grades: See this guide for spring and fall 2020 and spring 2021. See also, the official memo from the state extending the timeline and information related to online labs and speech.
- Resources for Assisting Students in Distress
- Emergency Procedures Classroom Checklist
- IVCC Guidance on Complying with FERPA in Distance Learning
CETLA -Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
- Zoom Resources for Faculty (training, recording and privacy statements)
- Laptop, webcam, microphone loaners - email email@example.com
About the Assessment Center
We are offering limited testing and other services in the Oglesby Campus testing Center. Visit www.ivcc.edu/assessmentcenter for more information.
- The Assessment Center is not proctoring testing for IVCC classes or classes for other colleges or universities.
- Reporting on red Scantrons is not available. Green Scantrons are still available through the Copy Center
Upcoming Development Events
The Higher Learning Commission is offering member schools free webinars. All Q&A webinars are offered complimentary as a member benefit of the Higher Learning Commission. Register here.
- Effective Assessments for the Online Course; January 22, 2021 | 12:00–1:00 p.m. Central; Registration Deadline: January 14, 2021
- Increasing Interaction and Engagement in Online Courses; January 29, 2021 | 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Central; Registration Deadline: January 21, 2021
- The Accessible Learning Environment; February 5, 2021 | 12:00–1:00 p.m. Central; Registration Deadline: January 28, 2021
- Facilitating Synchronous Sessions; February 12, 2021 | 12:00–1:00 p.m. Central; Registration Deadline: February 4, 2021
- Illinois Community Colleges Online (ILCCO) Growing Online Learning Conference; February 16-18, 2021; Registration information coming.
About using Blackboard...
Please think of Blackboard as your “virtual classroom”. Students will “show up” there looking for you. They’ll want to know how to connect with you and where to find class materials. If you are choosing not to use Blackboard, we need you to “post a sign” just as you would in a physical classroom on campus. This would be in the form of an announcement indicating who you are, how to contact you, and what students should do to locate class materials. If you need help posting an announcement call someone in CETLA at 815-224-0530.
- Full-time faculty are expected to schedule and hold 5 hours of office hours per week per the contract. Faculty teaching one or more on-line or blended class may reduce the number of scheduled conference hours to five (5) per week. While faculty are teaching online, office hours are expected to be times at which faculty are readily available to respond to students.
- Office hours should be published for students and shared with deans.
- The IVCC Best Practices and Expectations for Courses, Communication/Interaction, https://www.ivcc.edu/cetla/IVCCOLBestPractices.pdf, indicate a 1-2 working day response time is considered acceptable. Recommended best practice suggests instructors respond to students within 24 hours.