Wireless Access with Your Personal Laptop
As of Fall 2007, students have the
ability to connect wirelessly to the Internet using their personal
devices. Wireless service is available in:
- Building D > B Interconnect (Third Floor)
- J- East
- J- West
- Board Room
- Chemistry Lab
- Cultural Centre
- Learning Commons (D201)
- Peter Miller Community Technology Center (CTC, entire building)
- Reading and Math Labs (B201)
- Truck Driver Training Building (Building H)
This is available only to registered students and employees of IVCC. An IVCC network account is required.
** IVCC Guests and visitors should contact their respective contact person for wireless access.**
Once connected, you will have access to
the college resources as if you were accessing them from off-campus.
Most specifically, you will not have access to your U: Drive.
Instructions for printing from your wireless device can be found on the
Student Help Desk's webpage or by clicking this link. Printing via wireless is only available through
Papercut, in the following areas: Learning Commons, Library and the Ottawa Center.
** Students should be connected to the wireless network "IVCC." Please follow the steps required by your specific device. **
1. Turn on your wireless device and open Internet Explorer, Safari or other internet browser. You will be redirected to a Web Authentication Page, Cisco Guest Portal.
2. Enter your IVCC Network Username (K-Number) and password and click "Sign On".
3. A window will notify you that you have
signed on successfully, you can now type in the original URL in the
browser's address bar.