Frequently Asked Questions

Are all programs eligible for financial aid?

 No. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Phlebotomy, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), and Truck Driver Training are some of the programs that are not eligible for financial aid.  They do not meet the Federal minimum program length requirements for financial aid.

What if I take a class as an audit? 

Financial aid does not pay for audited classes.

I don't live with my parents and they don't support me. 

Why do I have to provide their information?  Federal regulations require that a parent's income be considered if you are under 24 years old unless you are a veteran, are married, support a child, or are an orphan or ward of the court.  If there are extenuating circumstances you should contact the Financial Aid Office.

What happens if I don't attend class?

Attendance is verified before financial aid is disbursed.  If you do not start, financial aid will be withheld.  You will still be responsible for the tuition and fees.

What happens if I stop attending?

If you have zero credits at the end of the semester you may have to repay some of your financial aid.   Contact the Financial Aid Office prior to making this decision.

I was awarded Federal Work Study.

Can I use it to pay my tuition?  No.  Employment is not guaranteed.  If you are hired you may earn up to the awarded amount.  Students are paid the state minimum wage on a bi-weekly basis.  You will be paid based on the hours you work. 

I'm taking classes here and at another school.

Can I get aid at both schools?  No.  You can only receive aid from one school at a time.  You should apply for financial aid where you are seeking your degree.

What happens if I apply late?

You are responsible for your tuition if your aid is not finalized by the tuition due date.  You may pay your tuition or set up a payment plan.

Can I apply for aid even after I have paid my tuition?

Yes.  If you apply and have eligibility you will receive what you are eligible for.

Do I have to be full-time?

No.  All award letters have full-time amounts on them.  Your award will be reduced if you are not full-time but in many cases you can still receive financial aid for just one class.  To receive  a loan you must be at least half-time (6 credit hours).