Steps to Registering
# 1: Set Up Placement Testing
Placement testing is required for courses in English, Math and Chemistry.
Contact your high school's dual credit coordinator for information about your high school’s scheduled date to take IVCC’s placement exams. If your school does not have a scheduled date or you miss the scheduled date, you can schedule your own placement exam by contacting IVCC’s Assessment Center. Placement testing times are available at the Main Campus in Oglesby and the Ottawa Center.
- An IVCC Student ID number and a photo ID is required to be able to take the placement exams. If currently or previously enrolled in a dual credit/dual enrollment course, you will have an IVCC student ID on file.
- ACT/SAT scores can qualify a student to take the course without the placement exam. See the Assessment Center's Placement Grid.
#2: Complete Registration Form
- Your high school’s dual credit contact will distribute the forms to students or send them by mail each semester.
- Use blue or black ink when completing the form.
- Please print and complete all the information requested. Student and parent signatures are required on the form.
- Social security numbers are required on the form in order for IVCC to generate a Form 1098-T reflecting tuition paid. This may qualify for a tax credit. Failure to provide an accurate Social Security Number (SSN) may have tax implications and will impede future financial aid processing when attending IVCC.
- Include your method of payment with your registration form in the form of cash, check written to IVCC, credit card information or mark the box for payment plan unless directed otherwise.
- Visit Tuition, Fees, and Payments for information on payment plan options or
- Return registration form to the designated person or office by the due date listed on the registration form.
- If you miss the due date, you may still register for the course as long as the registration form and payment is made or payment plan set up by the tuition due date.
#3: Receive Registration Statement in Mail
- Once your registration is processed, a registration statement will be mailed to you.
- This registration statement will have your IVCC Student ID Number on it. Your ID is
- This registration statement can be used as your schedule to rent/purchase any required books from the IVCC Bookstore.