Tips on the Job Search Process
Knowing WHERE to look for a job is only one part of the JOB SEARCH PROCESS
- First, you must honestly assess your strengths, skills, and your requirements for working conditions.
- You must have a current resume that is accurate and demonstrates your skills and strengths in a professional manner.
- You must develop a cover letter format that will be individualized to each employer and for each position you apply.
- You must develop a system for filling out job applications when asked to do so.
- You must formulate a plan for your job search that includes organization of materials, resources and a calendar of your activities.
- Overall, you must maintain a positive attitude that is assertive and confident throughout the process.
Finding a job may not be the easiest task you will face in your life. However, by developing the right attitude, formulating a plan, and following through with your plan, you should have the most success with your job search.
For additional assistance with all aspects of your job search visit the Career Services or call: (815) 224-0502 to make an appointment.
Back to Job Search Resources