Freshman Counseling and Registration
(for High School seniors)
Appointment times are limited and offered on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Please bring the following to your appointment on the main campus:
- A photo ID
- Some ideas on what you want to study
- If you are transferring, bring some ideas on where you want to study
- Please allow at least 2 hours for your appointment on the main campus
- Parents may attend, but keep in mind this program is designed for your information
- Please write down your appointment date and time or print out your confirmation
- Parking: Use the visitor parking spaces in Lot 1 or the non-permit required parking spaces in Lot 7
Step 1 - Select
For your convenience, we offer day and evening appointment
options, which run approximately 2 hours.
appointments are April 16, 17, 23, 24,
30 and May 1.
appointments are April 15, 18, 22, 25,
29 and May 2.
Schedule your Freshman Counseling and Registration
Step 2 - Complete
must apply to IVCC and receive an acceptance letter before you can schedule your Placement Tests.
tests must be completed BEFORE the on-campus appointment selected in Step 1.
your Placement Test Appointment online at www.ivcc.edu/assessment.
*Some students may elect to use ACT, SAT, or PARCC subscores
for placement. Ask your High School
Counselor for more information.
Step 3 - Attend
your Freshman Counseling and Registration Program
your Student ID card**
with an IVCC counselor and select courses
important IVCC related information
how to use WebAdvisor, IVCC’s online registration system, and other resources.
must provide a photo ID to receive the IVCC Student ID card. Most students provide their Driver’s License or High
School ID card.
Important Note: If you do not attend a Freshman Counseling
and Registration program, individual appointments to meet with a Counselor and
register for classes will not be available until Mid-May.