How do I get Account Access?
Web Page Blackboard Email Network
- The employee initiates contact with an educational technologist or other Learning Technologies staff to complete the Web Author Readiness Checklist. For official college pages, the request must come from the responsible administrator.
- The Webmaster will create the account and provide a username and password to the employee.
- The Webmaster will notify the Dean or supervisor that access has been granted.
- Page templates will be provided. Faculty may choose from a variety of pre-designed templates. Upon request, the templates can be modified by the Webmaster. Departmental Intranet pages can also select from the template offerings.
- After initial training of approximately 3 hours, the employee will engage in activities to demonstrate understanding of basic concepts.
- Upon demonstration of understanding, the employee, technologist and supervisor will sign the Checklist document, which will be forwarded to the Webmaster.
- The trainer will approve content for publishing for 6 months.
Employees wishing to have a Blackboard account for classes must complete the following process, and must have a current IVCC web page. Individuals can begin Blackboard training before having a web page, but will not be granted a course shell until the web page training is completed.
Typically employees will attend a 90 minute, introductory workshop, after which the remainder of the activities can be completed independently. The remaining activities can be completed in 10 or more hours, depending on the skill-level of the individual.
Faculty are encouraged to treat their test account as an actual course in development. Contents of the test account can later be copied into a live course shell.
- The employee will work with an educational technologist to complete the Blackboard Checklist.
- Preliminary course development exercises will be completed in a test account.
- Employee will engage in activities to demonstrate understanding of common Blackboard processes and tools.
- Upon completion of activities, the instructor and technologist will sign the Checklist document, which will be forwarded to the Blackboard Administrator.
- The Blackboard Administrator will create the course shell and notify the instructor.
- The Blackboard Administrator will notify the Dean or supervisor that the access has been granted.
Course shells for subsequent semesters may be requested directly through the campus help desk.
Information on obtaining Email Accounts is available on the ITS Intranet site.
Information on obtaining IVCC Network Account is available on the ITS Intranet site.