CLEP Testing Program
- CLEP Examinations give motivated students the opportunity to earn college credits for prior knowledge in certain subject areas by taking an exam in that area. The official CLEP website, www.collegeboard.com/clep, provides potential candidates with a variety of helpful information about the CLEP program, the examinations, and study guide materials.
- CLEP Examinations are conducted in the IVCC Assessment Center (E-215) by appointment only.
- To register, individuals will have to go to the www.clep.org website and create an account. At that time, you will pay the $85 (as of July 1) testing fee (credit card) and receive your admissions ticket for testing. Individuals will then schedule their appointment by going to www.registerblast.com/ivcc.
- IVCC is an "Open CLEP Testing Center." We offer all exams, and a CLEP candidate does not have to be an IVCC student to take exams in the Assessment Center.
- Total costs include a non-refundable proctor fee of $20.00 (cash or check payable to IVCC) and a $85.00 fee (as of July 1)per test that must be paid by credit card at time of account registration.
- Exams are 90 minutes in length and computer-based.
- Please note, CLEP proctored exams are only available when staffing is available. Please plan accordingly when scheduling your CLEP exam and be respectful in keeping your appointment.
Items to Bring on Test Date
- Photo I.D.—ONE form of identification are required for all tests.
- Effective July 1, 2014, one form of government-issued identification will be acceptable for CLEP test-takers. A secondary form of ID will no longer be required. The primary identification must be valid and current, must bear the test-taker’s full name in English language characters, and must contain a photograph and a signature.
- Acceptable Forms of ID are:
- Military ID
- Driver's License or State ID
- Government Issued ID (Passport, Visa, etc)
You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your primary ID must match the name on your registration ticket (from the CLEP website).
- Cash or check (made out to IVCC), or charge card (debit/credit) in the amount of $20.00. This is your non-refundable proctor fee.
- Admission ticket for testing from CLEP (printable from the time of registering for the test online).
Study Guides are available at major bookstores or may be ordered by phone by calling 1-800-323-7155. Individual study guides can be purchased online at the College Board Web site.