CLEP Testing Program
- CLEP Examinations give motivated students the opportunity to earn college credits for prior knowledge in certain subject areas by taking an exam in that area. The official CLEP website, www.collegeboard.com/clep, provides potential candidates with a variety of helpful information about the CLEP program, the examinations, and study guide materials.
- CLEP Examinations are conducted in the IVCC Assessment Center (E-215) by appointment only.
- To register, individuals will have to go to the www.clep.org website and create an account. At that time, you will pay the $80 testing fee (credit card) and receive your admissions ticket for testing. Individuals will then contact the Assessment Center at (815) 224-0542 at least one week prior to the desired test date.
- IVCC is an "Open CLEP Testing Center." We offer all exams, and a CLEP candidate does not have to be an IVCC student to take exams in the Assessment Center.
- Total costs include a non-refundable proctor fee of $20.00 (cash or check payable to IVCC) and a $80.00 fee per test that must be paid by credit card at time of account registration.
- Exams are 90 minutes in length and computer-based.
Items to Bring on Test Date
- Photo I.D.—Two forms of identification are required for all tests. Acceptable IDs include:
- Drivers License or State ID
- Military ID
- Government Issued ID (Passport, Visa, etc)
- Cash or check (made out to IVCC) in the amount of $20.00. This is your non-refundable proctor fee.
- Admission ticket for testing from CLEP (printable from the time of registering for the test online).
Study Guides are available at major bookstores or may be ordered by phone by calling 1-800-323-7155. Current cost of The College Board Official CLEP Study Guide book is $24.99. Individual study guides can be purchased online ($10.00 each) at the College Board Web site.