College and Career Night
Tuesday, October 22
Schedule at a glance
5:30-6:30 p.m. - Financial Aid Info Session
6:30-8 p.m. - College & Career Fair
Where will your path lead you?
IVCC hosts College and Career Night to help students and their families widen their exposure to higher education and career options, both in-state and out-of-state. Regardless of where your educational pathway may take you, IVCC can always fit somewhere in your journey.
I want to stay in Illinois
Staying in-state means tuition breaks and the possibility of scholarships earmarked for Illinois residents! IVCC also has seamless transfer pathways to many in-state institutions - start your bachelor's degree here for a huge cost savings!
American Academy of Art, Chicago, IL
Augustana College, Rock Island, IL
Aurora University, Aurora, IL
Bradley University, Peoria, IL
Concordia University - River Forest, IL
DeVry University, Naperville, IL
Dominican University, River Forest, IL
Educators of Beauty, Peru, IL
Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, IL
Eureka College, Eureka, IL
Greenville College, Greenville, IL
Illinois College, Jacksonville, IL
Illinois State University, Normal, IL
Illinois Valley Community College
Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL
Lincoln College, Normal, IL
MacMurray College, Jacksonville, IL
McKendree University, Lebanon, IL
Methodist College, Peoria, IL
Millikin University, Decatur, IL
Monmouth College, Monmouth, IL
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
Paul Mitchell the School, Normal, IL
Quincy University, Quincy, IL
Robert Morris University, Peoria, IL
Rockford College, Rockford, IL
St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IL
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
University of Illinois - Chicago, Chicago, IL
University of Illinois - Springfield, IL
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
VanderCook College of Music, Chicago, IL
I'm thinking about going out-of-state
Exploring out-of-state options? Weigh the pros and cons and remember that beginning at IVCC and transferring to any of these schools is always an option.
Culver-Stockton College, Canton, MO
Finlandia University, Hancock, MI
Full Sail University, Orlando, FL
Iowa Wesleyan University, Mount Pleasant, IA
Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla, MO
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Simpson College, Indianola, IA
University of Wisconsin, Platteville, WI
Vincennes University, Vincennes, IN
Wartburg College, Waverly, IA
I want to join the Military
Recruiters will be here to answer your questions - remember to ask how IVCC can help you prepare for a military career.
Illinois Army National Guard, Marseilles, IL
United States Army, Peru, IL
United States Marines, Peru, IL
Questions to Ask College Reps
Prepare yourself to speak with college and university representatives by reviewing these talking points, including some great topics to address that you might never have thought about or considered.
- What is the deadline for applications?
- What are the admission requirements?
- When should I apply?
- When will I be notified if I have been admitted?
- What is the maximum number of credits I can transfer?
- What majors do you offer?
- What G.P.A. is required for my major?
- What if I don't meet the admissions requirements?
- What is the annual tuition?
- What are the additional expenses and fees for attending?
- Where can I find a listing of your scholarships?
- Are your scholarships renewable?
- What is the deadline for financial aid applications?
- Is there a work-study program?
- What is your college's foreign language requirement?
- Can I participate in the honors college / internship program / study abroad?
- Do you have support services, such as a math center or on-campus tutoring?
- How many credits are required to earn a four-year degree?
- What are the most popular majors?
- How easy is it to double major?
- Where is your school?
- What sports, clubs, or organizations are on campus?
- What services do you offer students with special disabilities?
- What do students do in their free time?
- How are roommates selected?
- How does the meal plan work?
- What transportation means are available?