Expectations of Faculty at IVCC
The faculty at IVCC should actively support the Mission,
Vision and Valued Practices of the College, and adhere to our core values of respect, responsibility, caring, honesty
and fairness. Additionally, the
faculty will support and adhere to the policies established by the IVCC Board
of Trustees (found at https://www.ivcc.edu/uploadedFiles/board/IVCC_Board_Policy_Manual.pdf) in addition to the policies and processes
established through the collective bargaining process. As board policy can change regularly, the
Vice President for Academic Affairs will forward a copy of any proposed board
policy changes to EEC members once the President’s Cabinet has reviewed the
proposed changes so that the faculty can be aware of those changes and inform
the Board of its reactions to the proposed changes, if deemed necessary or
relevant. It will be the responsibility
of the College to see that the most current board policy manual is always
available on the website.
The following is intended to serve as a guide for the
Responsibilities to Students
- Maintain and enhance the quality of instruction and expertise in the discipline or program area.
- Assess student learning on a regular basis, using multiple measures and strategies that address student learning styles and needs; use the results of assessment to improve teaching and learning.
- Develop knowledge, skills and abilities of students, while recognizing the needs of diverse learners.
- Model IVCC’s core values for students in the classroom, in extracurricular activities, and in the community, holding students to high expectations—academic and behavioral.
- Treat students with respect, demonstrating responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Respect and value student autonomy and diversity
- Attempt to instill in students a life-long appreciation for knowledge and learning.
Responsibilities to the College
- Participate in curriculum development and evaluation of courses and programs, including general education
- Treat faculty colleagues, administration, staff with respect, demonstrating responsibility, caring, and honesty.
- Respect the diversity, dignity and autonomy of others.
- Participate in department governance, College committees, and related activities, striving for continuous improvement; contribute to the collaborative environment that we all work to create and sustain at IVCC.
- Assist in the promotion of the college and recruitment of students.
Responsibilities to the Community
- Appreciate and respond to the needs of the IVCC community.
- Promote regard for the dignity, welfare, and contributions of others.
- Engage in community service that promotes the College.
- Attendance at conferences and meetings, within the teaching discipline and/or on teaching and learning.
- Conference presentations, exhibitions, demonstrations, etc.
- Workshops, seminars, and/or courses on assessment of student learning.
- Coursework within the discipline, occupational area, or on teaching and learning.
- Industry experience.
- Earning an advanced degree.