What is Skype?
Skype is a phone/internet messaging service that allows users to make computer-to-computer phone
calls to any other Skype user in the world completely free using your internet connection. With Skype, you can:
- Make voice and video calls to other Skype users
- Conference calls with three or more people
- Instant messaging, file transfer and screen sharing
- Make phone calls to non-Skype users for a nominal fee
IVCC offers students the ability to discuss classes/programs offered at IVCC with a counselor/advisor at the main campus utilizing Skype. Students can use the voice call feature or the video call feature of Skype when contacting a counselor.
To use Skype, you need to have the following:
- A PC or Mac computer
- An Internet connection (broadband is best)
- A webcam to make video calls(not necessary for voice call only)
- Skype software available as a free download.
Click here to view the Ottawa Center Skype counseling schedule.
Skype a counselor at the main campus.