Frequently asked questions about usernames and passwords
What's my username?
What's my password?
What do all the numbers mean in my ID card?
What if I don't remember my Blackboard, student email, or network password?
What if I don't remember my Webadvisor password?
What if I want to change my password?
Can I reset my own password?
Student Email Username: Kfirstname.lastname@example.org
WebAdvisor Username: K-number (using all capital letters)
Blackboard Username: K-number
Network Username: K-number (this is to log onto an IVCC computer or the IVCC Wi-Fi)
Finding your K-number:
- Your K-number can be found on your Student ID card or by using the "What's my User ID?" link in WebAdvisor.
- Your K-number will never use the letter "O" in order to avoid confusion with the number "0."
- You do include the K when entering your K-number, but do not enter the dash.
Student Email Initial Password: Eagles followed by your 7-digit student ID number, then you create new password.
WebAdvisor Password: You set up this password by going to WebAdvisor's Set Up Your Account and following the prompts.
Blackboard Password: Your 7-digit student ID number, and, once logged in, it's best to go to Personal Information > Change Password to set up a new password.
Network Initial Password: Your 7-digit student ID number, then you create new password.
Finding your 7-digit student ID number:
- Your seven-digit student ID number can be found on your student ID card. It appears in purple.
- Your seven-digit student ID number can be found on your class schedule or billing statement.
- Your seven-digit student ID number can be found within WebAdvisor's My Class Schedule.
- You are strongly encouraged to change your password as soon as you log into each system. For your security, passwords should contain both numbers and letters, both
uppercase and lowercase.
The entire number on your student ID card is referred to as the STUDENT ID NUMBER. The numbers 24611 are at the beginning of all ID numbers and identifies Jacobs Library. The next seven numbers are unique to each student. This seven-digit student ID number is the default password on most IVCC accounts (excluding WebAdvisor and student email). The last two numbers indicate the number of times you have been issued an ID card. You should treat your student ID number as confidential information and avoid giving it out unnecessarily.
- Call the Student Help Desk at 815-224-0318 and provide your name, K-number, and seven-digit student ID number. Your password will be reset to your seven-digit student ID number or, in the case of a student email reset, your password will be reset to EaglesXXXXXXX.
- Send an email to email@example.com and provide your name, K-number, seven-digit student ID number, and contact information. Your password will be reset to your seven-digit student ID number or, in the case of a student email reset, your password will be reset to EaglesXXXXXXX.
- Please allow one hour to process a request for a password reset between
the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm Monday - Friday. If you call or send an
email after that time, it will be reset the next business day.
- Student Email
- Log into your Office 365 student email account.
- Click on 'Office 365' in the upper left corner. You should now be on the 'Home' screen.
- Click on the gear button in the upper right corner. This is your 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Password Change your password.'
- A screen will populate where you will enter your old password and you will create and confirm a new password following the specifications on the page.
- Submit. Your password is now changed.
Ctrl + Alt + Del.
the 'Change password' button.
old password. Hit tab.
new password. Hit tab.
the main WebAdvisor screen, select the 'What’s My Password' link.
- Click on "Reset my password" and follow
temporary password will be sent to the student’s choice of e-mail accounts. If
a personal e-mail address is not listed in WebAdvisor, the default e-mail
address is the IVCC’s student email.
temporary password is only valid for one session. You will be prompted
to immediately change the temporary password.
Yes, you can reset your own password by going to the WebAdvisor website and selecting "WHAT'S MY PASSWORD?" link and then clicking "Reset my password." Follow the prompts.
The Network and Blackboard
No, unfortunately these systems are not currently designed to allow students to reset their own passwords. Contact the Student Help Desk for assistance: 815.224.0318 or SHD@ivcc.edu.
You can reset your password if you have set up your Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR). For information on how to set up your SSPR, go to www.ivcc.edu/email. If you have not set up the SSPR, contact the Student Help Desk for assistance: 815.224.0318 or SHD@ivcc.edu.