If you have already self-identified and have received accommodations, there are just a few things to remember.
1. You must register and apply for your accommodation each semester.
Suggested classes- for a successful semester
2. As soon as you register for classes, come to the Disabilities Services Office to complete the Request for Accommodations with your semester schedule..
3. As soon as you register for classes, if one of your accommodations is Alternate Text Format ( text on CDs, e-text files on the computer, or MP3 files) contact the Disabilities Services Office immediately because of the lead time to order alternate text format materials.
4. Remember to pick up your Letters of Accommodations. You are expected to give your instructor a copy of the letter with your accommodations.
5. If you have extended test time as an accommodation, it is your responsibility to remind your instructor one week before each test that your test should be sent to the Assessment Center.
6. If you have extended test time as an accommodation, it is your responsibility to schedule an appointment in the Assessment Center on the day of your exam.
7. Students with ADD, ADHD, psychiatric, or psychological disabilities must have a Mental Health Verification Form completed annually.
8. The College may deny the request of students with disabilities for accommodations and/or auxiliary aids which impose an undue hardship on the college, which substantially modify academic standards, programs, or course work, or those for which documentation is insufficient. Students can follow the Grievance Procedure if they are dissatisfied with an accommodation denial.