English Lab Classes
We have a selection of materials in a variety of formats for all of our courses.
Grammar, Usage and Mechanics (ENG 0901)
· Improve your skills in English grammar.
· Improve your revising and proofreading skills.
· Recognize and correct sentence fragments and run-on sentences.
· Learn to punctuate for clarity and readability.
Sentence Structure and Content (ENG 0902)
· Express your thoughts clearly through effectively constructed sentences.
· Use more effective word choices.
Paragraph Development (ENG 0904)
· Learn to gather ideas through a variety of pre-writing techniques.
· Develop clear, workable topic sentences.
· Recognize and use several means of developing sound paragraphs.
· Learn to pre-plan and organize a paragraph.
Essay Writing (ENG 0905)
· Learn to narrow a topic through free-writing and to develop clear, workable thesis statements.
· Learn a variety of methods for introducing and concluding an essay.
· Learn to employ transitional devices.
· Become familiar with various modes of composition.
· Learn to pre-plan and organize an essay.
Writing About Literature (ENG 0906)
· Learn to write critical and interpretive essays based on literature.
· Become acquainted with the use of imagery in literature.
· Learn to recognize the elements of composition.
· Learn to write thesis statements and to support those statements with evidence from literary works.
Conversational English (ENG 0908)
· Learn basic conversational English.
· Expand English vocabulary.
· Gain exposure to basic colloquial expressions.
· Develop listening skills.