English Lab Classes
We have a selection of materials in a variety of formats for all of our courses.
Grammar, Usage and Mechanics (ENG 0901)
· Improve your skills in English grammar.
· Improve your revising and proofreading skills.
· Recognize and correct sentence fragments and run-on sentences.
· Learn to punctuate for clarity and readability.
Sentence Structure and Content (ENG 0902)
· Express your thoughts clearly through effectively constructed sentences.
· Use more effective word choices.
Paragraph Development (ENG 0904)
· Learn to gather ideas through a variety of prewriting techniques.
· Develop clear, workable topic sentences.
· Recognize and use several means of developing sound paragraphs.
· Learn to pre-plan and organize a paragraph.
Essay Writing (ENG 0905)
· Learn to narrow a topic through free-writing and to develop clear, workable thesis statements.
· Learn a variety of methods for introducing and concluding an essay.
· Learn to employ transitional devices.
· Become familiar with various modes of composition.
Transitional English For Second Language Learners (ENG 0908)
· Improve communication skills.
· Improve word analysis and vocabulary skills.
· Review grammar and sentence structure.
· Write a well-developed paragraph.
· Increase comprehension skills.
· Develop listening skills.