How do my students get audio/visual equipment (cameras, camcorders, etc)?
The Department of Learning Technologies has cameras and camcorders available for overnight checkout to students on a first-come-first-served basis.
When borrowing equipment, students agree to the following terms:
- Equipment is provided for current IVCC students and employees only.
- A current, validated IVCC Student ID is required.
- Equipment can be reserved in the Learning Technologies Department (C114) or by calling 224-0555.
- Equipment is due back the day following checkout by 2:00PM. Renewal is subject to demand.
- Equipment must be returned to an attendant in the Learning Technologies Department (C114). They must not be left on the counter.
- Equipment must not be left unattended.
- Users are responsible for providing their own media, such as Mini-DV tapes (available in the IVCC bookstore).
- Video files must be transferred to a VHS tape, CD or DVD. File size prohibits their storage on your Network drive.
- Learning Technologies personnel will provide assistance with transferring video footage from the media. However, it is assumed that the user will perform all editing of the footage.
- Use only power adapters and batteries provided at checkout.
- Malicious damage, damage caused by negligence, or loss of the equipment will result in a fine assessed to the student’s record, not to exceed the replacement cost.
- Camcorder Loan Agreement Form (Rich Text Format)