Wireless Access with Your Personal Laptop
As of Fall 2007, students have the ability to connect wirelessly to the Internet using their personal laptop computers. Wireless service is supported in the following areas.
- Ottawa Center
- The Cafeteria
- Board Room
- The Learning Commons (D201)
- Building D > B Interconnect (Third Floor)
- The Library
- The Lobby
- Cultural Centre, and most of F building.
- The Reading and Math Labs (B201)
- Chemistry Lab
- Truck Driver Training Building (Building H)
It may also be possible to obtain service within the vicinity of these areas.
This is available only to registered students and employees of IVCC. An IVCC network account is required.
Once connected, you will have access to the college resources as if you were accessing them from off-campus. Most specifically, you will not see a U: drive in your Windows Explorer/My Computer. Also please note that printing to campus printers will not be available.
1. Turn on your computer and open Internet Explorer or another Internet Browser.
A page will display redirecting you to a network authentication page or click on the Wireless Access Detected message that will display in the lower right-hand side of your screen.
2. A security Alert message will display. Click Yes to proceed.
3. Enter your IVCC Network Username (K-Number) and password and click continue.