Dealing with technology always requires a degree of flexibility. Aside from the personal characteristics that will lead to your success, some courses may test your technical skills.
Recommended Basic Technical Skills
- Ability to type approximately 30 words per minute.
- Understanding of basic file management, including the ability to create, save, move, copy, and attach word processing documents.
- Knowledge of basic Internet navigation using a standard Web browser.
- Ability to use the IVCC student email account.
- Want to be certain you have the skills you need for college success? Take the Basic Computer Skills Inventory at the Assessment Center. Call 815-224-0542 for an appointment.
- Regular access (3-5 days per week) to a reliable computer connected to the Internet.
- A source to print course documents (optional, but recommended)
- Internet browsers, like Firefox and Internet Explorer See Browser Requirements & Settings
- Adobe Reader
- A word processing application (Word, Word Perfect, Open Office) capable of saving a file in Rich Text Format (.rtf).
- Other course specific software
Other useful software
- Windows Media Player
- PowerPoint Viewer
- Word Viewer
The Student Help Desk maintains a list of Suggested Software.