All distance learning students, regardless of the number of courses in which you are enrolled, are required to obtain an IVCC student photo identification card. IVCC Student ID photos are taken in the Admissions and Records office at IVCC. Admissions and Records requires a current student schedule and a photo ID to make an IVCC ID card. An IVCC Student ID can be made without a photo upon request by calling the Admissions and Records office, but will necessitate another picture ID to confirm identity.
About your card and your ID number.
- The full 14 digit number printed on your card is used to gain access to library resources from off campus.
- The number format is 24611 + 7 digit student number + 01
- The 24611 identifies Jacobs Library.
- Your 7 digit student number can also be found on your class schedule.
- The '01' represents the number of times you have had your identification card replaced.
- The K-number is your username for various systems, such as Blackboard, WebAdvisor and student email.
- If lost, notify the Safety Services department immediately.
You will be required to show a valid IVCC Student ID when picking up course videos at the library and when taking exams at the IVCC Assessment Center.
Your student ID can gain you admission to IVCC sporting and cultural events, and can be used at over 76 college and university libraries in Illinois, including Illinois State University, Northern Illinois University, and the University of Illinois.