Career Fitness Seminar
At least 50 students stayed ahead of the competition when they joined
Career Services at our Employer Advice Seminar in 2009.
Six Employers from various Illinois Valley Businesses and Organizations were on hand to answer questions about their expectations for job candidates and employees.
Students found out from the experts:
- What they look for in a candidate
- How to dress to impress
- The anatomy of an interview
- Do I need a Cover Letter?
- Important tips to remember when filling out a job application
- What to do at a formal interview
- What questions to ask an employer
- How to follow up after an interview
Attendees learned what impresses employers on a resume, what to do and say to interview well and every other 'secret' on what it takes to be the one hired for that job !!!!
NOTE: Posters and Flyers were designed by Megan K. Crabbe, IVCC Graphic Design Student
This workshop was free and open to the public. For more information about other workshops call IVCC’s Career Services at 815-224-0502.
back to Workshops and Special Events
back to Job Fair