Questions asked by Employers
Personal Assessment and Career Direction
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your long-term and short-term goals?
- What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
- What are your long-range career objectives?
- How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
- In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable?
- How do you work under pressure?
- Are you willing to travel?
- What two or three things are most important to you in your job?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How do you think a friend or colleague who knows you well would describe you?
- Why should I hire you?
- How do you determine or evaluate success?
- What qualities should a successful manager possess?
- Describe the relationship that should exist between a supervisor and those reporting to him or her.
- How has your education prepared you for a career?
- Describe you most rewarding academic experience.
- What subjects did you like the best? Why?
- What subjects did you like the least? Why?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in an organization like ours?
- In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our organization?
- If you were hiring an individual for this position what qualities would you look for?
- Why did you decide to seek a position with this company?
- What do you know about our company?
Other Interests and Experiences
- What accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction? Why?
- What have you learned from your participation in activities?
- What major problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them?
- What have you learned from your mistakes?
back to listing