March 2008 Board Meeting Report
Illinois Valley Community College Board of Trustees met Wednesday evening with Board Chair David Wilcoxson commending Interim President Dave Louis for his service to the college.
The board approved:
Stipends for pay periods ending Feb. 23.
The renewal of all insurance coverage with IVCC’s current carriers at $290,625, based on the recommendation of the college’s insurance consultant.
- The college to enter a 36 month agreement with AT&T for local calls.
- The transfers within Fund 06, Restricted Purposed Fund of $5,000 for the Illinois Community College Board Workforce Development Grant to the Small Business Development Center and $5,000 from the Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center to the Small Business Development Center.
- The purchase of Delmar’s Medical Terminology Video Series in the amount of $1,560.
In other business, the board accepted:
- A bid from Midwest Transit to lease a 2008 Ford Strarcraft, a 15 passenger shuttle bus, for 36 months at an annual lease payment of $7,835.
- The resignation of Dr. Jeffery Carver, chemistry instructor, effective May 16.