January 2008 Board Meeting Report
Illinois Valley Community College’s Board of Trustees met on Wednesday night to approve the establishment of a Trust Agreement for the renovation of the Truck Driver Training Skill Path and a new 300 vehicle parking lot on the east campus. This Trust Agreement will be established with an Illinois Bank for an amount not to exceed $1.5 million as the maximum local commitment for this project.
The board approved:
- Stipends for pay periods ending Dec. 15 and 29.
- A bid from Midwest Transit to lease a 2008 Ford Starcraft for 36 months at an annual lease payment of $7,835.
- The college to request bids for: a vertical milling machine and an aerial work platform.
- The 2008 board meeting schedule on the following Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in Room C307, the Board Room on the main campus: Jan. 16, Feb. 27, March 26, April 23, May 28, June 25, July 23, Aug.27, Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 19 and Dec. 17.
The board heard:
- A presentation on Early Childhood Education highlighting both the Early Childhood Education Center, the Early Childhood Education Associates in Applied Science degree and the Associates of Art in Teaching degree from Dean Marianne Dzik and Professor Diane Christianson.
- Of the hiring of Donna M. Butikofer, administrative assistant I, with student support services in Project Success; Lisa Witalka, administrative assistant I, in career services and the resignation of Mark R. Lamboley, project manager IMEC.