April 2008 Board Meeting Report
Illinois Valley Community College Board of Trustees heard the college’s Information Technology strategic plan update as presented by Harold Barnes, director of information and technology services and Emily Vescogni, director of learning technology at their Wednesday night meeting. Presented to the board were the revised goals and objectives, inclusive of infrastructure, resource development, teaching and learning, institutional effectiveness and communication. Upcoming projects addressed were unified communications, network upgrades, email migration, network operating system, back up, recovery and archive.
The board approved:
- Stipends for pay periods ending March 8 and 22.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the city of Toluca as presented.
The board accepted bids from:
- Altorfer for a 2001 JLG, Model 600 AJ Boom Lift in the amount of $29,500.
- West Flooring Company for the installation of approximately 978 square yards of carpet tiles in the amount of $8,380.
- Castle PrinTech for the spring, summer and fall 2009 class schedules in the amount of $15,375.
The board learned:
- Gary I. Hamblen was hired as a custodian.
- Mike Fulkerson was hired as the head baseball coach.
- In other business the board, accepted the resignation of Kathy Glascock, dean of career and technical programs and approved the appointments of:
- Cheryl Roelfsema as interim vice-president for business services and finance.
- Kathryn Kott, nursing instructor to fill the vacancy approved by the local hospitals.
- Doug Stockley as interim dean of career and technical programs.