May 2007 Board Meeting Report
The Information Technology Strategic Plan for Illinois Valley Community College was presented to the Board of Trustees on Wednesday evening by Harold Barnes, director of information technology services and Chris Dunlap, associate director of networked systems.
The annual board approval process for technology purchases was established in 2005 in conjunction with the budget development. The board was presented with information on anticipated purchases and sources of funding for the near future. Approval was given for the Information Technology Strategic Plan for 2007-2008 including the recommended equipment and software purchases.
Beginning with the 2008 academic year, the board approved the equivalent of up to 14 full waivers or 448 semester hours. These waivers will be awarded as partial waivers covering the tuition cost of six semester hours for qualified applicants in the college’s honor’s program.
In other business, the board heard a presentation from Dr. Harriet Custer, vice-president for academic affairs and Jamie Gahm, director of business and continuing education on the Academic Quality Improvement Program Portfolio.
The board approved:
- The purchase of a 2005 Haas EC-300 CNC Horizontal Machining Center at $92,582 to meet all curriculum requirements and provide for skill expansion in the CNC program.
- The administration to seek bids for the cleaning and painting of the automotive technology shop and overhead doors.
- Bids from Trainor Flooring in the amount of $11,210 for the purchase and installation of carpeting in Room D225, from Impact Interiors in the amount of $9,506 for the purchase and installation of Louver Drape window blinds and from Argubright Construction in the amount of $39,600 for upgrades to buildings five and ten.
- Stipends for pay periods ending April 21.
- The vice-president contracts, the faculty salary schedule and employee compensation plan for 2007-2008.
- A board retreat for Saturday, June 23 at 10 a.m. in the board room.
- David Mallery as the IVCC Illinois Community College Trustee Association representative and Dr. Lori Scroggs as alternate.
- A modification to the athletic director position, the appointment of Dr. Manuel N. Gomez as dean of humanities, fine arts and social sciences, Elizabeth Klopcic as psychology instructor, Christine E. Dove as sociology instructor, accepted the resignations of Dr. Harriet H. Custer, vice-president for academic affairs and Dr. Larry Huffman, president and the appointment of Sue Isermann as interim vice-president of academic affairs.