July 2007 Board Meeting Report
On Wednesday night, the Illinois Valley Community College Board of Trustees adopted a resolution approving the tentative budget for fiscal year 2008 and authorized the publication of notice of the public hearing. The resolution for the acceptance of the final budget will be submitted for the board approval on August 29.
In response to the need for qualified health care workers IVCC has developed certifications in Phlebotomy, Medical Coding and Medical Transcription. Last night, the board expanded the health care offerings at IVCC with the approval of a cooperative agreement between IVCC and Illinois Central College in Peoria for a Surgical Technologist Program. This new partnership will provide three reserved seats each year for IVCC students giving them an opportunity to apply for acceptance into the program once they have completed their pre-requisites. Eligible students will complete their pre-requisite courses at IVCC, their clinical experience at local hospitals and travel to ICC for their theory and lab courses.
The board accepted bids from:
- Bowne Painting & Decorating in the amount of $11,000 to clean and paint the automotive technology, welding and machining areas on the east campus.
- Tri-City Electric to perform a Thermographic and Energy Study in the amount of $15,687 and an additional energy analysis as needed in an amount not to exceed $44,313.
- Bureau County Republican in the amount of $7,977 for the spring class schedule and $8,720 for the summer/fall schedule.
- In other action the board rejected two bids for the retaining wall and handrail installation and intends to re-bid this project at the same time as the emergency generator project in early August.
The board approved:
- The college to enter into a community college consortium for the purpose of the publication of Career Focus Magazine twice annually at an estimated cost of $13,548 for 16 pages and $19,707 for 20 pages.
- The revised computer server room improvements and authorized the submission of the appropriate resolution to the Illinois Community College Board.
- The date changes of the September board meeting from Wednesday, Sept. 19 to Tuesday, Sept. 18 and the January board meeting from Wednesday, Jan. 23 to Wednesday, Jan. 16.
- The board learned of the following staff resignations:
Marilyn Worsley, director of early childhood education center.
Barbara Downey, administrative assistant for truck driver training.
Lori Hancock, enrollment services assistant for admissions.