March 2006 Board Meeting Report
Illinois Valley Community College board of trustees approved the Information Technology strategic plan for fiscal year 2007.
This comprehensive technology plan will support improvements to the current infrastructure, expand the wireless network, provide for the conversion of the course management system, provide document imaging for security, student computer lab and classroom equipment upgrades, software, hardware, technical support and training.
“The IVCC strategic plan for information technology guides us toward our goal of anticipating and responding to the technological needs of students, the community, the faculty and staff. It is revised yearly to reflect changes in stakeholder needs and the advancements in technology. I am pleased that the board has approved the FY2007 plan,” said Harold Barnes, director of information technology services.
The board heard an overview presentation on Adult Basic Education and Literacy, English as a Second Language and General Education Development by Mary Gross, director of Adult Education and Angela Dunlap, I-READ, Adult Literacy program manager. Highlights included current statistics, student populations and community partnerships.
In other action the board approved the intergovernmental agreement for the next two fiscal years between IVCC and LaSalle-Peru Township High School. This agreement will allow L-P to use the college’s track rent free as long as L-P maintains the running track surface, obtains public liability and property damage for both L-P and IVCC and insures against injuries.
The board approved IVCC’s insurance premiums for property, casualty, workers’ compensation and officials bond insurance in the amount of $300,583 as recommended by Renee Smith, an insurance consultant to IVCC, as the broadest coverage at the most economical cost. It is estimated that the selected options will save IVCC $80,696 in premiums over the current expiring program elected three years prior and will broaden the specialty lines liability policies.
In other action the board:
· Authorized the business office to seek bids for a Tomcat Compact Rider Sweeper and for three Exmark Lazer Z riding mowers.
· Authorized the purchase of c.Support from GWISoftware, Vancouver, Washington in the amount of $15,120, the purchase of Cisco Clean Access from STL Technology Partners of Bloomington in the amount of $32,464 and the purchase of CurricUNET in the amount of $13,925 from the Fund 01 of the Information Technology Services Administrative Account.
· Approved the articulation agreement in horticulture between IVCC and SRAVTE, and the addendums to add the certified nursing assistant course to the cooperative agreements with Black Hawk and Sauk Valley.
· Approved the tuition rate of $2,464 for TDT 1203, Advanced Truck Driver Training, Twin Trailer Operation.
· Accepted the resignation of Tara Lyons, English Composition and Writing Center Instructor effective, August 15.
· Approved the stipends for overload pay, extra duties and regular pay.
The board heard:
· Luke C. Olivero was named as ESL/GED program manager.
· Eric N. Pinter was named as assistant men’s baseball coach.
· Sue Isermann was appointed to the North Central Illinois Works Board.
· Five students were graduated with bachelor’s degrees through their participation in the Community College Alliance program from Franklin University: Nicole Elliott, Todd Greenwood, Alaina Rivers, Cathy Walterh and Trisha Walzer.